After an all night Saturday/Sunday brewsession incorporating lots of tips learned here on the forum I can proudly say my first all grain batches are fermenting steadily. I decided if I was going to set up my new equipment and figure out how it all works I might as well try and get some beer out of the deal. I tested the rebuilt cooler tun for water tightness and found that the ball valve gasket was not sealing so I had to make an emergency trip to HD in order to scrape together material for an effective seal. Once home I convinced myself that I understood how I was going to move the water and wort around it was time to go for it using the recipe of the week for American Pale subbing some Zeus hops for the the Goldings. My first slip up was underestimating the temp of the initial strike water in order to establish the mash at 152 degrees. We had to add quite a bit of extra water to get it there but at least we were working in the right direction. The second tricky spot was sparging. I tried to pull off a continuous and ended up leaving a good gallon and a half behind by the time I had the 14.5 gallons I wanted to boil. We had a great time and learned a ton by doing, er brewing. I was really excited to use the new (to me) gear and the march pump and therminator were amazing. We pitched 6.5 gallons with WL 002 and 5 with us-05. The OG was only 1.046 so there's clearly lot's of room for improvement but that just means this batch will make a nice session (brew session that is) to keep practicing with. Thanks for all the inspiration and help gearing up to this big day for me! Cheers!