This recipe actually called more more maltodextrin. I modified it by cutting it way down. I typically modify extract recipes to do a partial mash with a concentrated boil. But decided to follow the recipe more closely this time. With several exceptions - I used all LME instead of all DME.
Why do you NOT use maltodextrin? Is it just better to do a partial mash at a lower temp, like 148 F?
One of the main drawbacks of using a large % of extract is attenuating anywhere near where you would by using all grain. Most any extracts contain crystal/dextrine malts which give your beer body, but are unfermentable.
Maltodextrin is an unfermentable as well - it can be used to boost body and mouthfeel as well. So you don't need it, and it comes with a price - being unfermentable, it drives your final gravity higher. SO a high % of LME + Crystal + maltodextrin all in the same beer is a guarantee of a high final gravity. Dave's suggestion of a partial mash @ 148F is a good one - it would help to make your wort a good bit more fermentable when used with LME.
I did exactly one partial mash batch before realizing that I could have just made an all-grain batch. So be prepared for that ! Good luck.