I missed my target OG on a recent brew and wondered if my grain mill gap had moved. As I trolled these precincts though I concluded that it was because I didn't change the gap in my mill to account for the smaller size of Wheat.
Anyway, it got me to thinking about a better way to set the gap on my mill. Part of the issue for me was getting both sides zeroed in at the same time which would take a wider feeler gauge than the usual one I had used initially. In other words I would get one side set and the other would have moved... back and forth.
So here is what I came up with. 2 3.5" x 4" sheets of metal. One for wheat (24 gauge / .0239) & one for barley (20 gauge / .0359). Quick and easy to use and cheap to acquire.