Not an IPA (could be) IBU's High (ok over a little) for an APA and on the low end for an IPA, but the amarillo flavor and aroma are awesome.
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
1. The “Going Pro” Board is dedicated to discussion related to starting a new commercial brewery and/or becoming a professional brewer.
2. The “Going Pro” Board is not intended for discussion of existing brewery operations, such topics are more appropriate for the Brewers Association Forum http://www.brewersassociation.org.
3. Any discussion of pricing of supplies, product, etc. on the “Going Pro” Board are strictly banned to avoid infraction of anti-competitive laws. Posts violating this ban will be removed immediately.
4. Solicitation of funds is NOT allowed. Asking how to get funds is acceptable.
5. All rules applying to the general AHA Forum also apply to the "Going Pro" Board.
If you are using a refractometer instead of a hydrometer to measure your final gravity you will need to adjust the reading for the alcohol. Using a calculator like this http://seanterrill.com/category/brewing/+1
I get a final corrected gravity for your beer of about 1.015.
Of course if you're using a hydrometer, then never mind.
Yep. Lag timeframe is a different story! It will take off fast.....I don't want to pitch a higher gravity beer
If you do not pull out some yeast, you should pitch a higher gravity beer.
9:50pm EST on Monday March 18.
Who to vote for? That's your choice, but I do have my opinion ;-)
Besides their bios on the AHA site, The Brewing Network will be doing interviews with all the candidates in the month of March. In the past, they've done them at the beginning of the Sunday Session, so you don't have to wait until the end of the program. Check out their webite, http://www.thebrewingnetwork.com for the show schedule.
Fred...when are you going to be on?
I'm NOT sure if this is the right place to post, but I'm having significant trouble trying to login to vote for the AHA Governing Committee. It locked me out after only two attempts at logging in with this message "Error: We could not create your new user account. Have an Account? Please login in order to access this content." Isn't it the same log in info. used to access these forums? Any suggestions? I would like to vote!This belongs in Questions about . . .
Beers made using either limited wood aging or products that only provide a subtle background character may be entered in the base beer style categories as long as the wood character isn’t prominently featured.So Specialty