Well, it's officially stalled out. Same exact gravity reading today as it was 4 days ago. I brought it up to room temp just in case that may restart things, otherwise I may try making a starter in a low gravity maple syrup must to see if I can get it to take off. Otherwise, it looks like a new batch for blending is called for.
I did some measured dilutions with water using the gravity sample. Undiluted, it is smooth but warming going down, syrupy, and has notes of bourbon and maple.
I then diluted it 3:1 with water. The resulting dilution (approx 9% abv, 1.044) was not quite as warm, but still quite syrupy. At this level of dilution a fruity vinous character really starts to shine through.
The final dilution was 3:2 with water. This calculates to about 7% and 1.035. At this dilution the vinous character drops off, but it becomes even more fruity. There is still quite a bit of syrupy sweetness left at this point.
I'm thinking that if I'm going to make another batch to dilute, I need to plan on something that will get me in the low-to-mid 1.020's and keep my abv above 9%. I think there is a lot of room for experimentation here once I drill down my process a bit better. I like both the bourbon character I got at higher abv as well as the vinous character from more moderate levels. Despite the underattenuation, I'm liking where this has gone so far.