Hey Fellow AHA members,
Without sounding too spammy, I wanted to let you all know about my brewing calculator and logbook app for iOS. I released version 2.0 today, which is a dramatic update and I'd love to get any comments and feedback you may have!
If you are a beginner looking for an easy piece of software to log your brews and calculated ABV, or if you are a seasoned veteran doing multi-rest decoction mashes you will find Brew Log to be a very efficient tool!
As you may know, there are plenty of options for brewing software available on iPhone & iPad, but I do believe the design of my app sets it apart of the rest. I designed the clean interface to be used quickly and intuitively with as little bloat as possible.
App Store Link (Free, In-App Purchases available): https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fermenticus-brew-log/id627800046?mt=8&uo=4
Some key features:
- Various brewing methods: extract, steeped grain, partial mash, or all-grain recipes.
- Ingredients database – Add your own ingredients or select from lists of common malts, extracts, adjuncts, hops, and commercially available yeasts.
- Save and organize your recipes in logbooks. Export by email. Clone recipes to brew them again.
- Optimized for iPhone 5 and retina iPad.
- As you add grains or hops Brew Log instantly updates estimated gravity, color, and bitterness. Great for building recipes on the go.
- Mash Rest & Sparge calculations for simple to complex mashes. Calculates volumes and temperatures for your strike water, infusions, and decoctions.
- Built in calculators to determine original and final gravity, alcohol (ABV), bitterness (IBU), color (SRM), efficiency, attenuation, and more.
- Choose a standard beer style or make up your own.
- US & Metric units simultaneously supported. You can combine both US and metric units in your malt bill or hop bill. Recipes can also be converted from US to Metric and vice versa.
- Unique date handling, so you can add dates with information about the date. Useful for logging information during fermentation or bottling!
- And lots more!
More Information Here: http://fermenticus.com/fermenticus-brew-log/
There is a subreddit for open discussions on suggestions, bugs, tips, etc here: http://www.reddit.com/r/fermenticus/
. I will check back in here and respond to any questions, but the subreddit will be the home of most in-depth discussion.
Let me know what you think!
Disclosure: I'm just one person, the app is a passion project, not a business. In-app purchases are entirely for supporting further development.