Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Virginia Beach  (Read 2020 times)

Offline passlaku

• Assistant Brewer
Virginia Beach
« on: August 03, 2010, 05:35:42 am »
I will be spending a couple of days in Virginia Beach and was wondering if anyone knew of good beer stops in the Hampton Roads.  So far I have located the Gordon Beirsch and Grape and Gourmet has a free beer tasting every Thursday (5-7).  Can anyone recommend other stops?

Offline Hokerer

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Manassas, VA
Re: Virginia Beach
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 07:45:10 pm »
St George in Hampton would be worth a visit.  And, if you'll go a little farther west on I-64, there's Williamsburg Alewerks.
Joe

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 05:36:52 am »
Ugg, you're not in the best beer area in the world there. I'd suggest you check out the Tap House at Ghent and head over to Bier Garden in Portsmouth. I saw something about a new 11st Tap House opening near the beach at Va Beach, but haven't went to see if it was open.
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

Offline passlaku

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 11:08:22 am »
Went to St. George's and it was a nice visit.  The guy showed us around and then let us sample 5 of their beers.  Nice to see a brewery doing tradition English beers without a bunch of gimmicks (eg, wrapping a squirrel around a bottle). 

Thanks for the suggestions.

Offline Hokerer

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Manassas, VA
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 11:13:04 am »
Went to St. George's and it was a nice visit.  The guy showed us around and then let us sample 5 of their beers.  Nice to see a brewery doing tradition English beers without a bunch of gimmicks (eg, wrapping a squirrel around a bottle). 

Thanks for the suggestions.

Glad you liked it.  My brother commutes past it every day.
Joe