...and I dunno what to think!
Okay, well I am too stupid to do anything with water chemistry, or any ind of chemistry really! Read much on the topic in here and in books, spreadsheets, etc.. So let's not go there. However, some help on overall quality, keep it real simple here folks, would be much appreciated.
I have been renting a house for the last 9 mos. and we are in the process of buying it. Nearly a done deal. We have a drilled well here though I do not use the water. It has a distinct sulfury smell that is consistent but worse some times then others. It is not the hot water heater. It is likely iron or sulfer bacteria or a combination. I generally get my water from springs in the area and they provide great tasting water but it is not always convenient to get it.
As a part of the buying/inspecting process we got the well water tested from Ward labs. Did a full on test for bacteria and all...
Coliform Bacteria, Col/100 mL NONE (SAFE)
E Coli Bacteria, Col/100 mL NONE (SAFE)
Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) Est 145
Electrical Conductivity, mmho/cm 0.24
Cations / Anions, me/L 2.3 / 2.2
Sodium, Na 15
Potassium, K 2
Calcium, Ca 28
Magnesium, Mg 2
Total Hardness, CaCO3 78
Nitrate, NO3-N 0.1 (SAFE)
Sulfate, SO4-S 5
Chloride, Cl 6
Carbonate, CO3 9
Bicarbonate, HCO3 89
Total Alkalinity, CaCO3 88
Fluoride, F 1.20
Total Iron, Fe 0.03
Doesn't look to bad to read the report, but it smells/tastes bad. There is a sediment filter for the house that the landlord changes monthly. Which he thinks helps, I disagree.
What can I do with this water if I want to brew with it? Any suggestions for an idiot?