Mead is considered one of the oldest fermentable beverages, with roots dating back thousands of years. Ancient recipes have been discovered throughout Asia, Africa and Europe. Today mead is a popular refreshing honey wine, with honey and fruity charactersitics.
Brewer Brian’s Orange Blossom Mead | Traditional: Sweet Mead
- 15.0 lb (6.8 kg) orange blossom honey
- 0.25 oz (7 g) Wyeast yeast nutrient
- 1.0 package Wyeast No 2206 Bavarian lager yeast
- 1.0 tsp Irish Moss (4.9 mL)
- Original Gravity: 1.077
- Final Gravity: 1.021
- ABV: 7.3%
- IBU: n/a
- SRM: n/a
- Boil Time: n/a
- Efficiency: n/a
- Pre-boil Volume: n/a
- Pre-boil Gravity: n/a
- Bring water to boil, turn off heat, add honey and mix well.
- Skim foam that forms, add Irish moss and heat gently until second foam forms, then remove from heat.
- Chill, transfer and proceed with fermentation.
- Primary Fermentation: 46 days at 72°F (22°C) in glass.
- Secondary Fermentation: 36 days at 72°F (22°C) in glass.