How to Enter
After your club has chosen their entry to send, follow this procedure to get it in the competition.
Process to Enter Club-Only Competitions
- Each AHA-registered club may submit one (1) entry to an AHA Club-Only Competition.
- Rubber-band a completed Bottle Identification Form (PDF file) to each of two (2) bottles that hold a minimum of 10 ounces in volume, and that will fit in a standard case box slot. The measurements of a standard case box slot are 2.75 inches long x 2.75 inches wide x 9 inches high (7 cm x 7 cm x 22.9 cm). Bottles may be of any color and must be free of ink, paint, or paper labeling other than competition entry labels. Bottles not meeting these requirements will be disqualified. Bottles with raised glass lettering are acceptable.
- Using a permanent black marker, obliterate any and all words or pictures on the caps.
- Fill out an Entry/Recipe Form Entry/Recipe Form (PDF file) completely, (you must fill in the category and subcategory you are entering!) and put it, along with a check made out to the AHA for $7.00, into an envelope.
- Pack the two bottles snugly in a sturdy box lined with a plastic garbage bag. Seal the garbage bag and put the envelope outside of the bag in a prominent place in the box. Do not position the envelope where it could be cut when your box is opened with a knife.
- Ship your box to the appropriate address for each competition; refer to the COC Schedule for the shipping information. Do not send entries by US Postal Service.
- Please time the shipping of your entries for arrival by the entry deadline for each competition.
If you have questions about the AHA Club-Only Competitions, or other homebrew club issues, please contact the AHA, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; calling 888.822.6273; or faxing 303.447.2825.