The American Homebrewers Association (AHA) is excited to bring our first Rally to Maryland since 2008 at Heavy Seas Beer!
Join us at Heavy Seas!
- Sign up and enter your beer in the “Heavy C’s Homebrew Tournament”. See below for details.
- Bring your best beer to share- attendees can share their homebrew at the Rally!
- Meet brewery staff.
- Take a VIP brewery tour.
- Mingle with local homebrewers.
- Participate in a special Q & A session.
- Win great prizes from the AHA and Heavy Seas, like the chance to design a specialty cask of Heavy Seas beer, or a day at Heavy Seas to be a ‘brewer for the day’!
The Homebrew Tournament
Here’s how it works:
- Registration opens April 14th.
- First and Second Place winners will be able to participate in a “Build Your Own Cask at Heavy Seas”
- Entry is free, AHA Members are limited to 1 entry per person.
- The competition will have a maximum of 32 available entries.
- The competition will be limited to IPA styles and similar variants; Imperial, English, American, Red, White, Black.
- Hop varieties used in the recipes are limited to “C” variant hops; Calypso, Cascade, Centennial, Chinook, Citra, Cluster, Columbus, Crystal, and CTZ.
- Deadline to enter the competition and is Friday, May 9th or until the competition is full. Sign up for entry below.
- Entries require three 12 oz bottles or 22oz bombers
- Drop-off/Shipping of competition entries will be accepted any time before the Rally, or can be brought to the Rally at 2pm on Sunday, May 18th.
- The Rally and competition both kick off at 2 pm at Heavy Seas.
Competition Entry is Now Closed.
*Note: Competition entrants are still asked to RSVP to the Rally below.
AHA rallies are free to current AHA members. Non-members can join now, or sign up onsite at a discounted member rate. Save time and fill out a membership form in advance to bring with you to the Rally. Don’t forget to RSVP to help us properly prepare for the event.
Homebrew Shops & Clubs
AHA rallies are an excellent platform to promote your business or club. Participate by volunteering at the rally or contact us to about setting up a booth, pouring homebrew or handing out promotional material at a rally near you. Don’t forget to print the Heavy Seas AHA rally poster to hang in your shop or at a club meeting!