Homebrewers Association | AHA Forum

General Category => Extract/Partial Mash Brewing => Topic started by: matt.ballard.587 on April 26, 2015, 11:47:39 AM

Title: Efficiency
Post by: matt.ballard.587 on April 26, 2015, 11:47:39 AM
I want to thank everyone who gave me advice on my efficiency when i asked. I brewed my last batch this morn. With changing the straining sack I used which allowed me to make sure I didn't have dough balls I pulled 81% out
Title: Re: Efficiency
Post by: Black Sands Brewery & Supply on May 02, 2015, 09:21:14 PM
contrasts! very well done! we've only been getting 73%

what was your grain bill/mash temp etc?
Title: Re: Efficiency
Post by: homoeccentricus on May 02, 2015, 10:56:04 PM
OK, so this is what I have done / am doing:
- cold-crashed for 2 days
- racked the beer to secondary and harvested the yeast (Denny's favorite)
- dry-hopped for 7 days
- added 2nd batch of dry hops (1/4 of original amount) for three days
- tomorrow I'll start cold-crashing again 2-3 days, and then will bottle

Thanks for the help!
Title: Re: Efficiency
Post by: homoeccentricus on May 02, 2015, 11:02:36 PM
Ignore my previous post. Added to wrong thread, and am unable to remove it...
Title: Re: Efficiency
Post by: matt.ballard.587 on May 11, 2015, 08:29:47 PM
My grain bill was 3.75 lbs pale 2 row. .25 lbs honey malt.  8 Oz honey.  For a 2.5 gallon batch of honey blonde ale