Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Jon

Pages: [1]
1
Equipment and Software / Re: New Brew Day Timer
« on: April 17, 2010, 07:12:46 PM »
You all have good ideas for cross platform. I'll give you the basic .net coding if you want to do it. I have already spent enough time and some money giving the brewing community a free program. I dont do this for a living so I'm not going to learn more coding. At least not right now. Plus the Mono Compatibility program brought up a ton of conflicks.

2
That is one of the biggest reasons I made this timer.

3
Equipment and Software / Brew Day Timer Version 1.3 Ready For Download
« on: April 17, 2010, 03:37:25 PM »
The new Brew Day Timer is ready for download at my site. http://www.beerbelliesbrew.com

It's half way down on the main page. New features are: BeerXML import, it will import the Boil time, Hop addition time, Name and Amount. Also any Misc additions like Clarifiers. The is also a "Check for Updates" feature. This will be handy as I grow the Hop.ini file and maybe add some new features to the program itself.

4
Equipment and Software / Re: New Brew Day Timer
« on: April 17, 2010, 03:25:12 PM »
I just downloaded it to my laptop.  Looks good so far.  The Alarm is pretty cool.  I also like the Brix conversion.  Good Job.

EDIT:  I just tried out the hop timer.  Very impressive.  I am going to recommend this a couple of our HBC Members to try out as well.

The version you have is the BETA version. Here is the final release.
http://www.beerbelliesbrew.com/bdt/Brew Day Timer 1.3.exe
There is also a "Check For Updates" feature. This will be handy as I grow the Hop.ini file and maybe add some new features.

5
Equipment and Software / Re: New Brew Day Timer
« on: April 17, 2010, 05:37:57 AM »
I dont know. I have Win 7 Pro 64. Here is the link to the zip file if you want to give it a try. http://www.beerbelliesbrew.com/bdt/brew%20day%20timer%20beta.zip

6
Equipment and Software / New Brew Day Timer
« on: April 16, 2010, 02:46:57 PM »
I have a new timer just about ready to be released. I need a few people to try it out for me on their pc to see if it is good on other pc's. You need at least .net2 to run the program. The new features I have added are. It can be resized to fit your screen, and the ability to load the Boil time, Hop Additions and Misc Additions from a BeerXML file.

Let me know if you want to help.

7
All Things Food / Re: Non stick pans
« on: November 15, 2009, 03:04:58 PM »
It's hard to argue the point when you learned it from where it came from. In any case your recipe will be in my oven next sunday morning.

99% of the time when I cook inside it's with SS or Cast Iron. The other 1% is non-stick. SWMBO dosent like the brown stuff in her eggs. Out side it's cast iron grates.

8
All Things Food / Re: Non stick pans
« on: November 15, 2009, 12:17:47 PM »
Made a fritata this AM.

It is made with eggs, bacon, broccoli, potatoes and bread with some tomato slices and parm cheese on top. 



Just precook your potatoes and broccoli. and put them in a oiled oven pan.

In a bowl add eggs, chopped bacon, salt pepper, herbs and spices if desired. A fist full of cubed bread(stale is best) and a teaspoon of baking powder.

Mix well and set aside till the bread gets soft and wet.

Then put the egg mixture on top of the of the veg in the oven pan, top with cheese and tomatoes if desired. Put into a 35o degrees oven until it rises and a tooth pick comes out clean.

Good stuff......too hell with omelets, too much trouble.  ;) and you dont need a non-stick pan to make them.

you can also make a lot for more people with out the added labor of making each omelet. Just use a bigger pan and more eggs.



Another good thing about this dish is you can make it with eggs and just about anything that is in the fridge. You can use rice, tortillas, even pasta. It is great with tomato sauce on them or gravy.




That is not a frittata its a casserole. A frittata is started in a skillet on the stove and finished in the oven. Although what you have made looks and I bet tastes very good.  ;)

Dont fear non-stick pans. They are not a crutch like some would like you to believe. There are plenty of "Real" Chefs that use them. The best place to get them is your local restaurant supply store. They are cheap there and tend to outlast the more expensive department store brands. 

Not trying to step on anyones toes, just my opinion. SWMBO says I have plenty of them. :)

Jon

9
General Homebrew Discussion / Re: Piney the Conifer
« on: November 15, 2009, 07:56:46 AM »
I brew with the owner of Cocoa Beach Brewing Company. We brew a Double IPA with a 9.5 oz of simcoe. Plus another 14.5 oz of other hops in a 12 gallon batch. Everyone seems to like it.

Pages: [1]