Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - dmdesroches

Pages: [1]
Equipment and Software / Re: Where to get specialized faucet adapters
« on: February 02, 2013, 06:47:54 PM »
Yes, the 1/2-14NPSM does turn out to be a straight pipe thread.  I found a 1/2-14NPT adapter at a local hardware store that appears to work.  It fits snug and does not appear to be leaking with the hose connector setups I need to use, including my plate chiller.

The only thing I now need to do is to come up with a new way to filter my water.  The Brita filter I had been using needs a 15/16-27 connection, which would mean I would need a stepdown adapter.  Looks like I'll be rigging up something to work with the water filter/container I use for drinking.

I could tap off the plumbing under the sink, but I still would need some type of rigid holder if I attached the Brita filter to this.  The next time a plumber friend of mine comes over, I'll have him look at what else I might be able to do.

Thanks for the help!  8)

Equipment and Software / Where to get specialized faucet adapters
« on: January 30, 2013, 09:19:19 PM »
Has anyone found a source (online, local plumbing supply store) where you get specialized faucet adapters?

I just purchased a new faucet for our kitchen sink.  At Lowes it looked like the spray head adapter could be replaced with a faucet adapter to attach a garden hose to the faucet.  However, when I installed the sink and then tried various adapters I had, it appeared to be non-standard.

So I contacted the vendor (Giagni), and was told that it was an M14 adapter, and after a little more prodding, was given "1/2-14NPSM-2A" as the adapter.  I was able to get a 13/16-27 adapter (available at Lowes or Home Depot) to screw in, but this did not work as the "-27" threads are too fine.  The spray head assembly threads are a lot coarser (maybe -20??).

Any way, does anyone have a resource where I might find an adapter to attach a garden hose to the faucet?  I need this for filling and cleaning the carboys and kegs.  I also need this for running my city water through a filter to remove chlorine.

thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Pages: [1]