Good to know! I've been doing double-batch sparges and would stir in, let sit for 5 minutes, stir again and then drain. So, eliminating the 5 minutes and second stir will cut about 15 minutes off the brew day. This will bring me really close to my target of 4hrs from first flame on to all cleaned up.
You could cut off even more time by doing only one sparge addition, too. Unless your tun isn't large enough to hold all the water at once, my experience with 2 sparge additions is that any potential minimal gain isn't worth the effort.
I'll give that a try next - I've got the room. I eliminated the rest during the batch sparge for today's brew and I'm fairly certain I did lose some efficiency. But, my numbers generally have a bit of flux, so tough to say if the change in process was the cause. I'll have to do a few more this way before I know for sure.