« on: March 01, 2010, 06:23:59 PM »
Thanks for the answers, guys! They're all really great, you are all giving me a lot to work with.
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
1. Name (first and last), age, location Nate, 33, New Jersey
2. When did you start home brewing and why? 19, because homebrew shops didn't ask for ID.
3. How has your idea of home brewing changed since you started? Now I brew so that I have a constant supply of beer that I really like for the price of Budweiser, and because I enjoy making complex things from simple things.
4. Why should others who are interested in beer take up home brewing? I try not to be an evangelist, but understanding the individual ingredients and processes on a personal level is the single most beneficial way of understanding the finished product. Without brewing, trying to understand beer is like trying to understand children without having raised one of your own.
5. What are some good retailers (either shops or online) to purchase equipment/ingredients from and why? For equipment, I like Northern Brewer's online store. For malt, North Country. For hops, freshops.com.
6. What kind of beer do you recommend for a first-time brewer? Any recipes that you can provide? Irish Red, British Mild, anything simple.
7. What are some good resources for home brewers? This forum, Northern Brewer's forum, HomeBrewTalk, Palmer's book.
8. What is the number one mistake that new home brewers make? How can it be avoided? A lack of experimentation. If you have an idea, try it. It's only beer, it's only a few gallons, it's worth deepening your understanding through firsthand experience.
9. How can the growing interest in home brewing best be explained? Rising interest in craft beer coupled with the ease of information exchange.
10. How can a beginning brewer make the leap to intermediate or advanced brewing? Start with all grain. It's nowhere near as hard as it's made out to be.
I just think that you have misunderstood my intentions.
Yeah, that's it, but at least I didn't use any foul language.
So, no offense taken - just seemed like a college kid taking the easy way out of an assignment.
That said, Denny volunteering is a big score for you - HE'S FAMOUS (and I don't mean in Japan).
Good luck on your assignment.
Wow man!!! Just..............WOW!!!
We posted at the same time, glad to see it was a misunderstanding.
OK, I'll be the (first) jerk and say it. All this info is already all over the site. I would think if you find something you want to quote - ask the person(poster) for permission and maybe a bio if they are willing. For each of us to write college quality bios for you to peruse and cut and paste into your homework assignment is a pretty big favor to ask on your first post.
Well, from another point of view, I'd be happy to answer your questions as soon as I have time, Nick. If you can wait a day or so, I'll get back to you.