Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - thirsty

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21
« on: October 25, 2011, 04:12:06 PM »
I think he could be great someday, but he's got a ways to go.

I mean, they barely beat Miami.

I don't get why everyone is so worked up about Tebow.

The Pub / Re: 12 Extremely Disappointing Facts About Popular Music
« on: October 15, 2011, 03:58:31 PM »
I spent a lot of my childhood listening to polka. My dad must have had a thousand polka tapes. He spent a lot of time cruising in the motor home blasting the polka. He was also in a polka band for a while. After he died, my three brothers and I all inherited an accordion.

The Pub / Re: Rocky Mountain Audiofest 2011
« on: October 15, 2011, 12:46:51 AM »
As an audio professional for over 45 years, I sometimes cringe at some of the things in the high end consumer audio world.  Some of it is great and well thought out.  But a lot of it is just snake oil.

A wealthy friend of mine has a six-figure sound system that he mostly uses to listen to rare old vinyl. It's very cool and it does sound good, but I personally can't hear a reason for it to cost so much. He even has a gizmo to uh, "filter" the electricity that powers it.

The Pub / Re: 12 Extremely Disappointing Facts About Popular Music
« on: October 15, 2011, 12:38:22 AM »
Interesting article I guess, but it was mostly lost on me since I almost never listen to any music made after 1983 or so.

Lady Gaga seems like a good kid tho.

General Homebrew Discussion / Re: Test your beer smarts!
« on: October 01, 2011, 10:00:45 PM »
Damn Canadians. Me too.


All Things Food / Re: Making Hot Sauce
« on: September 28, 2011, 01:23:17 AM »
I grow a lot of hot peppers, but I just dry them for winter use.

Making sauce would be a good way to control the dosage. Probably easier on my poor finger tips too. Touch the wrong part of the pepper while chopping them...... ouch.

The Pub / Re: Finally happened.
« on: September 28, 2011, 01:12:33 AM »
Sorry to hear about the layoff, but I'm sure she'll get something else soon.

Here in the NYC area, almost every woman I know under 40 has one of those tats. No biggie. It seems to be the modern version of getting your ears pierced.

Kegging and Bottling / Re: Does anyone use Growlers to bottle with?
« on: September 22, 2011, 12:28:04 AM »
I tried this many times when I started. It worked great about 95% of the time, but the other 5% was not fun at all.

The Pub / Re: Fleas
« on: July 23, 2011, 05:08:50 PM »
Try the capstar. It works.

The Pub / Re: 42 Years Ago...
« on: July 20, 2011, 08:44:59 PM »
Also, there's no reason we can't send people back into space one we get the economy back in order.

Ingredients / Re: Male hop plant
« on: July 19, 2011, 11:12:58 PM »
I've been growing hops without a problem for five years or so now, so I don't think it's stress. It's way to tall for me to clip the flowers so I will just get rid of it soon I guess.

Ingredients / Re: Male hop plant
« on: July 19, 2011, 03:09:54 PM »
Well I ordered a normal female plant.
Got it from freshops. I emailed them a few days ago but hadn't heard back so I figured I'd ask here.

Ingredients / Re: Male hop plant
« on: July 19, 2011, 02:08:20 PM »
alikocho, yeah that's it. I am so bummed. After two years of waiting I get no cones.   :'(

At least I have some other hops.

Ingredients / Re: Male hop plant
« on: July 19, 2011, 11:09:02 AM »
They look more like small bunches of grapes. I'll try to get a pic.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21