I bottled my mead yesterday. It was 3 gallons based off of Curt Stock's Super Berry Melomel recipe
. The only major difference is I used tart cherry juice instead of black currant juice.
I followed the staggered nutrient schedule. Fermentation temps were at the will of my apartment, so it definitely fluctuated.
It has been bulk aging for almost 7 months, so I decided to go ahead and bottle it to free up some fermenter space.
I tasted a sample that was about 67*F, and it was decent, but it taste sort of bland and thin. I was already in the bottling mind set (which is hard enough to get enthused about) so I just went for it instead of researching any post-fermentation tweaks I could have done. Shame on me.
So I am curious if anyone has input on why my fruit-bomb mead came out so "lifeless" and what I could do (or could have done) to improve it. I am already regretting bottling it before asking this, but, hey, I can just brew it again