Fat Heads does hoppy beers just about as well as anybody in the Midwest. This seasonal imperial IPA never disappoints!
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
I think this looks pretty good. Personally, I'd opt out of the Maris Otter. Instead, use light Munich malt at 10-15%. And to be honest, instead of bravo, maybe go with an ounce of centennial at FW. If you were to stay with Bravo, I would just bump the 1/2 oz edition to 60 minutes. And should you add an ounce of cascade to the dry hop schedule? Absolutely
The idea behind the Bravo is that it enhances the other hops. At least, that's what Stan Hieronymus says, and he knows a lot more than I do!
Things I love about beer #17:By "time" do you mean our linear concept of time or the whole time-space continuum?
Every conversation about beer will devolve into a philosophy debate if given enough time.
Thanks everyone and it was fun.
"90% of homebrewing is surviving brew day. The other 10% is surviving drinking the beer. You did both!" That also holds true of the first time doing something else.
Regarding the glass carboys, I'm really careful and I'm more worried about the toxicity of fermenting in plastic based on scientific studies. BPA is just one of many issues. Point well taken though.
Ha ha. They spelled flavor wrong on practically every page. What dummies.
D-180 makes an amazing quad.... So D-240 would have to make a quad that's like 60 better!
It goes to 240!
Lower sulfates and higher chloride will help to accentuate the malt. Not sure of the ratio, but I do know sulfates for hops, chloride for malt. Main difference in Bru'NWater between dry and full/bitter and malty comes from the levels of these 2