« on: June 16, 2016, 08:35:24 AM »
That was 1/2 lb of roasted barley steeped as 3 gallons heated on the kitchen stove. When I could see steam, I pulled the bag and stired in a 3lb sack of DME. Stuff I had, I think it was pils. At a boil I added a palm full of cascade pellets. Ten min later I added whirlfloc. Ten min later I put the pot in a sink full of ice and added a palm full of cascade and a palm full of centennial. This all was done while I was waiting for an all grain to mash. After brewing two all grain batches, I poured this into a bucket an dumped in a packet of US05.
Jim's challenge beer. The card only says challenge.
Looks like a stout. Mild hops on the nose. First sip is roast. Thin body. Not bad.
Full review to follow.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk