So this IPA has been in the keg for a couple weeks, maybe three. It tastes and smells great but is stubborn to drop clear. It looks like grapefruit juice with a head. So I pulled the keg and put it in my lagering chest. I put a pouch of Knox gelatin in a cup of 120° water and stirred, let sit for 30 min, then zapped it in the micro to a boil. It looked clear and fully dissolved. I released pressure and dumped it into the IPA. Closed the keg and hit it with 30 psi to quick seal. I'll let it sit a week and try it again.I'm going way off the reservation this weekend. Using yeast I haven't brewed with in a long time. And making beers that are really out there for me.I decided my IPA might turn out too much like the APA so I revamped it a smidge.
APA with Centennial and Cascade and 1056
IPA with Centennial and Cascade and 1056
Old school is the new New School
8lbs GW pale
1lb cane sugar in boil
1 oz each at FWH - Cascade and Centennial
1 oz each in whirlpool at 190º for 30 min - Cascade, Centennial, Mosaic, Simcoe (will dry hop an ounce each too)
1056 pitch at HK 63º ramped to 68 when krausen falls
Sounds farther off the reservation to me
I tried gelatin once before but I think I did it wrong. This will be an interesting test of how well it works, and if I did it right.