« on: July 12, 2012, 09:43:26 AM »
I made my IPA and it tasted great the first few weeks in the keg and now it's not so good. I put it in a competition and the judges ripped it for being solventy. So I came home and tasted it and I could see where they were coming from. It did not taste that way a couple weeks ago, in fact, my wife and I thought it was great. I know IPA's should be consumed when they are young or fresh, but it seems that mine have a small window when they taste good. This fact has made it hard for me to get the timing right for competitions. Has anyone else had this problem? Am I making too big of a deal out of this? What could make this beer have a solvent flavor?