« on: July 26, 2011, 11:57:34 AM »
Interesting idea--I've never heard of that before.
Will the moisture and condensation in the fridge cause problems with the hair dryer (i.e., rust) over time?
Is there any potential for electric shock if the whole $9 hairdryer is slightly damp?
I couldn't really say since I don't have it in a fridge. I only have to heat, not cool, my fermentations. It's a cheap plastic POS though - there's almost no metal in it to rust.
A GFCI outlet would be a must if there's going to be any condensation, but I don't think you'd need to take any precautions beyond that. If you had to touch it while it was running you could always just unplug it first.