« on: January 21, 2013, 03:25:41 PM »
I'm fermenting a bock right now and am weighing whether to bottle or transfer to a secondary. I've been fermenting it in a cooler that holds the temperature at a steady 50 degrees, but don't have the ability to lower the temperature further, as many recipes recommend, and lager it for an extended period without risking some more significant temperature fluctuations. (Basically, I'd put it out in my mudroom, where it gets plenty cold, but can have temperature swings of 20 degrees.)
Is it worth transferring to a secondary and continuing to hold it at 45-50 degrees for a month or more, or should I just bottle it when fermentation is complete, as I do with most ales?