« on: August 12, 2010, 12:28:32 PM »
QuoteI would like to see the AHA make the competition software used for the National Competition available as shareware to the clubs.
I would like to second this sentiment. Here are some ideas for requirements.
- Accept online entry data and output to a standard format.
- Output category winners list in PDF, Excel, or some other standard electronic format.
- Output points by brewer and club for use by regional competition circuit to keep totals for total brewer points, club points and team points.
- Interface with PayPal or other payment options to gather data.
- Be able to select categories for a competition that does not include all BJCP styles and/or groups styles in different categories. We have at least four such competitions in the Lone Star Circuit(Bluebonnet, Celtic, Limbo and Dixie Cup).
If I may, there is already this type of software freely available to clubs that does most of the requested items above. It's called Brew Competition Online Entry. I created and maintain the code just for this reason.
Go to http://www.brewcompetition.com to test drive an installation. Clubs can download the entire source code and install it on their web servers OR clubs can have their competition entry website hosted by brewcompetion.com for a very minimal fee.
Download at Google Code
Download at SourceForge
Please contact me directly with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.