Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Howdy everybody!  (Read 145270 times)

Offline lupy

• Cellarman
Re: Howdy everybody!
« Reply #135 on: November 22, 2009, 04:32:52 pm »
When I lived in town, there were great bike paths along the riverbanks and I rode frequently.  When I moved to the country about 15 years ago, we bought a place on a narrow road with no shoulders and fast moving RVs and log trucks.  NO WAY am I riding out here!
I know your road Denny. It is a bit scary. My job has taken me out there to take pictures of houses (r.e.appraiser) and when I am creeping along P.C. looking for an address it can be quite hazardous. However, I know there are many good logging roads and trails nearby that can be ridden with ease on the appropriate bike, though it's been a while since I've done that.
Stay safe out there, we need you here.
$2 words for a 2¢ story

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #136 on: November 23, 2009, 10:03:20 am »
I know your road Denny. It is a bit scary. My job has taken me out there to take pictures of houses (r.e.appraiser) and when I am creeping along P.C. looking for an address it can be quite hazardous. However, I know there are many good logging roads and trails nearby that can be ridden with ease on the appropriate bike, though it's been a while since I've done that.
Stay safe out there, we need you here.

Have we met???

Yeah, I could load the bike into a vehicle and take it out to somewhere like Hall Road or Fern Ridge for a ride, but that just seems like a hassle.  These days, I get my exercise on the treadmill while I watch Food Network!  ;)
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline lupy

• Cellarman
« Reply #137 on: November 23, 2009, 05:35:10 pm »
Have we met???

Yeah, I could load the bike into a vehicle and take it out to somewhere like Hall Road or Fern Ridge for a ride, but that just seems like a hassle.  These days, I get my exercise on the treadmill while I watch Food Network!  ;)

No I don't think we've met. I recognized the street name from the CBS club page.
I used to love hauling my bike out to Nelson Mtn. Road and riding aroud there. Lately the bike is gathering dust, but the brew equipment is nice and clean.
$2 words for a 2¢ story

Offline thirsty

• Brewer
  • Brewster, NY
« Reply #138 on: November 25, 2009, 07:52:45 am »
Howdy. Glad I could make it.

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #139 on: November 25, 2009, 09:55:03 am »
Geez, this is cool with everybody checking in here....kinda like meeting all your friends for a beer!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline dave97402

• 1st Kit
« Reply #140 on: November 25, 2009, 03:44:55 pm »
Howdy all...thanks for the invite Denny!!

Looks like a cool place, I'll have to check it out.

Dave
Who is more irrational, a man who believes in a God he can not see? Or a man who is offended by a God he does not believe in?

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #141 on: November 25, 2009, 04:09:10 pm »
Glad ya made it, Dave!  If you've got some pics from Brewers Union, post 'em and a little info in the Commercial Beer section!

www.dennybrew.com

Offline wzl46

• Cellarman
« Reply #142 on: December 08, 2009, 07:03:23 am »
This is like my high school reunion.  It surely is good to see everybody again. 

Biking-  Yes, I do the MTB thing, and a bit of road biking when I am home.  Since I am not, I am doing lots of planning for when I do get home.  I just picked up Cosmic Ray's Fat Tire Tales and Trails, which is a good guide to Arizona MTB spots all over the state.  My first trip will hopefully be the ride from Flagstaff to Sedona, which is 43 miles on fire roads, assisted most of the way by gravity.  In one stretch, the trail descends 3000 feet in 6 miles.  I can't wait.

Again, good to see you all again.
Yeast infections are only bad when they don't happen to wort.

Offline central_wa_brewing

• Cellarman
« Reply #143 on: December 08, 2009, 10:33:03 pm »
Howdy all.  I'm sure none of you know me but if ya mention hops, you'll see my ugly penmanship ;)

Offline bruck

• Cellarman
« Reply #144 on: December 21, 2009, 03:35:59 pm »
Hi folks...Just joined myself. I mainly frequent the BN Forum, but since I'm a member of the AHA, I wanted to check out what is going on here. Looks like alot of great information. Just wanted to say hey!

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #145 on: December 21, 2009, 03:46:47 pm »
Hey back atcha!  :)

www.dennybrew.com

Offline monstermash

• 1st Kit
« Reply #146 on: December 29, 2009, 03:26:15 pm »
Just what I need, another forum to kill time in...  There goes my New Years resolution... :-\

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #147 on: December 29, 2009, 03:27:35 pm »
It's about time ya got here!  ;)

www.dennybrew.com

Offline Beertracker

• Brewer
  • ExperiFermenting since 1994!
    • Fellowship of Oklahoma Ale Makers (FOAM)
« Reply #148 on: January 09, 2010, 10:32:56 am »
If Denny hangs out around here then its got to be a good pub! Now where's my pint of RIPA?  ;D
CHEERS! Jeff
"A homebrewed beer is truly a superior beer." ~ "Buffalo" Bill Owens - American Brewer

Jeffrey Swearengin
Fellowship of Oklahoma Ale Makers (FOAM)
Tulsa, OK USA

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #149 on: January 09, 2010, 10:48:19 am »
If Denny hangs out around here then its got to be a good pub! Now where's my pint of RIPA?  ;D

\Just poured one for ya...c'mon by and get it!  :)

www.dennybrew.com