Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Howdy everybody!  (Read 145782 times)

Offline freddy2

• 1st Kit
Re: Howdy everybody!
« Reply #195 on: August 16, 2010, 08:58:59 pm »
Just wanted to say hi. Been brewing, AG, for several years and watching this and other sites for a while. Probably won't be posting a lot, because you guys seem to be doing okay without my advice.  I like good beer. If it meets a particular style, then tell me so I can brag about it, otherwise just drink it and enjoy.
Beer, it does a body good.

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #196 on: August 17, 2010, 04:22:21 am »
Welcome to the AHA Forum freddy2.

We can use all the help we can get.  :D

Ron Price

Offline dean

• Brewmaster
  • Me and Hayden, my newest grandson.
« Reply #197 on: August 17, 2010, 07:35:49 am »
Just wanted to say hi. Been brewing, AG, for several years and watching this and other sites for a while. Probably won't be posting a lot, because you guys seem to be doing okay without my advice.  I like good beer. If it meets a particular style, then tell me so I can brag about it, otherwise just drink it and enjoy.

HaHa!  Someone like me?  OMG!!  I swear if I "try" to brew to a particular style I generally find something wrong with it and then I'm not happy with it... but if I just let go and brew, the results rarely let me down.  Good beer is what it is!  Welcome to the forum Freddy2!   :)

Offline Me

• Cellarman
« Reply #198 on: August 18, 2010, 12:17:08 pm »
Hello to all brewers in the wide wide world of homebrewing!!
My name is Sam, I've been a homebrewer for 4 years (2ish with the All Grain Lifestyle) and I enjoy the hell out of it. I'm also working in Boulder here at the American Homebrewers Association as an intern extraordinaire. I just graduated college and I am looking forward to one day making the best oktoberfest ever created (and hopefully selling it on the world market). I have enjoyed cruising the forum and I am gradually accruing some wonderful knowledge about homebrewing from the "wiser" forum goers.  ;)

On another note, I would also like to promote another part of the forum- The Homebrewer Bio. This fun category (its located right in between the Zymurgy category and Homebrew Clubs category) is getting lonely without any new posts and would really benefit from some additional profiles. Yes yes, I know what you are thinking - isn't it a bit narcissistic to write an entire profile about yourself and your brewing set-up... No, its definitely not. We have a great community here on the forum and this section is a great way to get to know each other and learn more about who brews and why.

Oh,
I should also mention that you could be enshrined in homebrewing history! Every couple of weeks we at the AHA select a homebrewer to be featured as our homeBrewer Of The Week(s), and we make this delicate selection based on posts in the Homebrewer Bio category. You, yes you, could be featured on the front page of the AHA website and will exist in the BOTW archives and homebrewing history for all of eternity (or until we invent something better than the internet). So I encourage everyone to write a quick profile about yourself and post it to the Homebrewer Bio.
Beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-
BF

Offline tubercle

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sweet Caroline
« Reply #199 on: August 18, 2010, 02:24:18 pm »
Probably won't be posting a lot, because you guys seem to be doing okay without my advice. 

Ain't never stopped the Tubercle. Post on...
Sweet Caroline where the Sun rises over the deep blue sea and sets somewhere beyond Tennessee

Offline wfaris

• Cellarman
    • Lincoln Lagers
« Reply #200 on: August 19, 2010, 03:33:11 pm »
I suppose I ought to say howdy on this thread myself.  Actually I've been around brewing and on other forums for years.  Used to hang out on Homebrew Digest and rec.crafts.brewing where I got fired up by Denny and other wonderful folks.  Any more I mostly hang on on the forum at www.thebrewingnetwork.com .  Denny may be the post whore over here, but that would be me over there with somewhere around 4500 posts.   ;)   I hope I can contribute at least something to the hobby over here and hopefully learn some more stuff too.

Wayne
Bugeater Brewing Company
Nebraska Brews Since 2002

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #201 on: August 19, 2010, 03:38:03 pm »
Welcome the AHA Forum Wayne!

Looking forward to your contributions.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 05:38:46 pm by dbeechum »
Ron Price

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #202 on: August 19, 2010, 09:04:01 pm »
Howdy! Glad to see ya posting on the good ol'AHA.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #203 on: August 20, 2010, 06:13:41 am »
Welcome Bug!
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline tubercle

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sweet Caroline
« Reply #204 on: August 20, 2010, 06:40:12 pm »
...where I got fired up by Denny...

Then I take it you are a batch sparger.
Sweet Caroline where the Sun rises over the deep blue sea and sets somewhere beyond Tennessee

Offline wfaris

• Cellarman
    • Lincoln Lagers
« Reply #205 on: August 21, 2010, 09:03:50 am »
...where I got fired up by Denny...

Then I take it you are a batch sparger.

Don't like flies in the brewery.   ;D

Wayne
Bugeater Brewing Company
Nebraska Brews Since 2002

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #206 on: August 21, 2010, 10:02:13 am »
Wayne, with you and Dixon here, it's kinda like the "old days" on rcb!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Online dmtaylor

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Lord Idiot the Lazy
    • YEAST MASTER Perma-Living
« Reply #207 on: August 21, 2010, 08:33:23 pm »
I was on alt.beer.home-brewing for years before I found r.c.b.  Both of those used to be really awesome forums... about 10 years ago.  I learned so much.  Now they are so laden with spam it ain't funny.
Dave

The world will become a much more pleasant place to live when each and every one of us realizes that we are all idiots.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #208 on: August 23, 2010, 09:48:16 am »
I still check in on rcb every once in a while.  The only person I still recognize is Joel.  Maybe we should make an "old timers" run on it!  It was an awesome resource and I learned a LOT from it!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #209 on: August 23, 2010, 10:00:17 am »
I definitely learned a lot from those groups, but I don't remember which ones I was in.  It would have been almost 20 years ago though, when I was starting brewing.  I didn't realize they're still around.
Tom Schmidlin