Author Topic: Howdy everybody!  (Read 95020 times)

Offline beerocd

• Senior Brewmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Howdy everybody!
« Reply #120 on: November 16, 2009, 03:46:30 PM »
o,k,, i'm finally here lets get this party started you may know me from other forums as ...speed ;)

Speed's the last one to post  ???
Well, until I just did.

-OCD
The moral majority, is neither.

redbrew

« Reply #121 on: November 17, 2009, 09:45:20 AM »

Hey Denny!  great site!  I plan to spend some serious time here.  :)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • I must live here
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • View Profile
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #122 on: November 17, 2009, 10:20:26 AM »
Hi red!  Really glad to see ya here, man!  I think you'll see a real difference here from the other place.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

Offline slimsparty

• Assistant Brewer
  • 1882 Brewery
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 17, 2009, 03:09:55 PM »
Yup, you certainly don't want to bring any of the PUI topics with you, that we, Denny and many others have discussed over there.

Well...I am friggin out then.

;D

Offline jdesq

• 1st Kit
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 20, 2009, 11:23:43 AM »
Hey, nice site!! Denny hope your still making cider- and pressing your own apples. Next we got to get you keeping bees so you can do the mead thing.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • I must live here
    • View Profile
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #125 on: November 20, 2009, 11:33:20 AM »
Virtually no apples this year, so no cider pressing...a bummer!  My wife has considered bee keeping...even went to "Bee School"!  But neither one of us has mustered up the ambition to actually do it so far.

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

Offline lonnie mac

• Assistant Brewer
    • View Profile
    • Alenuts
« Reply #126 on: November 20, 2009, 08:02:32 PM »
Virtually no apples this year, so no cider pressing...a bummer!  My wife has considered bee keeping...even went to "Bee School"!  But neither one of us has mustered up the ambition to actually do it so far.

Please do Denny! It's sad, I haven't seen a bee down here in SE Texas in literally years.

Offline rep

• Cellarman
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 21, 2009, 06:09:39 AM »
Anybody here ride bicycles?  I rode about 3,300 miles so far this year.  I took three small tours.  In general I run almost all family errands on a bike and do ride year round.  Gets a little chilly at times in the Wisconsin weather, but not too bad.  And there are times when I won't ride.

I am thinking of heading to Montana next summer then riding back.

Anybody else ride?
Wear Wool, Sit on Leather, Ride Lugged Steel

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • Official Poobah of No Life.
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
    • View Profile
    • Yellowhammer Brewing Company
« Reply #128 on: November 21, 2009, 06:52:07 AM »
I used to ride Mountain Bike 2 or 3 times a week. However, I had a serious wipe out and bent the forks (among other things) and never replaced it. I have an old Giant Touring bike that I have been thinking about getting road ready again. I run and hike regularly but would really like to add some biking back into my routine.

That said, I live way to far out to use my bike as any real form of transportation.
Keith Y.
Self appointed "All Grain" section pruner

Offline rep

• Cellarman
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 21, 2009, 07:19:43 AM »
I used to ride Mountain Bike 2 or 3 times a week. However, I had a serious wipe out and bent the forks (among other things) and never replaced it. I have an old Giant Touring bike that I have been thinking about getting road ready again. I run and hike regularly but would really like to add some biking back into my routine.

That said, I live way to far out to use my bike as any real form of transportation.

My wife and I just picked up a country place about 30 miles from our main home.  It sits in the middle of great biking roads.  In Wisconsin we are lucky to have had a dairy industry that needed good roads to the back country.  So, I believe I will be able to run back and forth fairly often.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • Official Poobah of No Life.
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
    • View Profile
    • Yellowhammer Brewing Company
« Reply #130 on: November 21, 2009, 08:14:37 AM »
Plenty of country roads out here but have to get on hwy to get to town. Plus the Nascar dumb ass mentality scares me down here. Too many people think they are Dale Earnhart.
Keith Y.
Self appointed "All Grain" section pruner

Offline rep

• Cellarman
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 22, 2009, 06:26:58 AM »
Plenty of country roads out here but have to get on hwy to get to town. Plus the Nascar dumb ass mentality scares me down here. Too many people think they are Dale Earnhart.

Yes, highways are no fun.  My fear is people on cell phones.  They look at you but really do not see you.  I like to be home by oh, 3:00PM as that is when people begin leaving work and school.  They are connecting with others and I would rather not be on the streets then.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • I must live here
    • View Profile
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #132 on: November 22, 2009, 11:10:32 AM »
When I lived in town, there were great bike paths along the riverbanks and I rode frequently.  When I moved to the country about 15 years ago, we bought a place on a narrow road with no shoulders and fast moving RVs and log trucks.  NO WAY am I riding out here!

www.dennybrew.com

redbrew

« Reply #133 on: November 22, 2009, 12:58:28 PM »

I love logging trucks!  One day if the economy recovers I hope to buy one and go to work. Don't worry Denny...........I wouldn't run over you!

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • I must live here
    • View Profile
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #134 on: November 22, 2009, 02:19:20 PM »
Hey, man, you could stop by for a beer!

www.dennybrew.com