Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: I need a sword...  (Read 26997 times)

Offline bo

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: I need a sword...
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2011, 10:30:25 am »
You have to be from the east coast, specifically within 2-4 hours from New York City, to really understand Pizza.
I might disagree.  Chicago knows how to make pizza.  Chicago style with the sauce on top...nummers!  I used to eat Totinos all the time Nic.  Great drunk food.

I remember going to Uno's in downtown Chicago, quite a few years ago and before they became a chain. I fell in love with deep dish pizza.

Offline tonyp

• Brewmaster
  • If it ain't broke you aren't trying hard enough...
« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2011, 10:54:47 am »
You have to be from the east coast, specifically within 2-4 hours from New York City, to really understand Pizza.

++

Chicago is a close second but its still second.
Live from the Jersey Shore!

Phrases for Creatives, #22:
"I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter."

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2011, 11:02:08 am »
Chicago style pizza isn't pizza.  Neither is a calzone.  I like both for what they are though. ;)
Tom Schmidlin

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2011, 11:06:13 am »
Chicago style pizza is a waaaaay distant second. It's good. But it's not really what I consider pizza. Too much dough.

Edit:schmidlin beat me to it.

Offline bo

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2011, 11:29:43 am »
Chicago style pizza isn't pizza.  Neither is a calzone.  I like both for what they are though. ;)

That's like me saying Memphis style barbecue is not real barbecue. It's completely different from slow smoked brisket, which is my favorite, but it's still barbecue.

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2011, 11:37:30 am »

That's like me saying Memphis style barbecue is not real barbecue. It's completely different from slow smoked brisket, which is my favorite, but it's still barbecue.
Nah, it's more like Alaskan Amber, which is not an amber but an alt.  It's a good beer by any name, but it's still not an amber.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2011, 11:42:36 am »
Chicago style pizza isn't pizza.  Neither is a calzone.  I like both for what they are though. ;)

Brisket is not real bbq. Has to be boston butt to be Que and it has to be New York style to be pizza. You just can't argue that. 'cause you'd be wrong.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 11:44:48 am by majorvices »

Offline bo

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2011, 11:57:21 am »
Chicago style pizza isn't pizza.  Neither is a calzone.  I like both for what they are though. ;)

Brisket is not real bbq. Has to be boston butt to be Que and it has to be New York style to be pizza. You just can't argue that. 'cause you'd be wrong.

I could argue your barbecue point all day long. Pork ribs are okay, but that's where it stops. That shredded crap with sauce poured all over it ain't "real" barbecue, IMO.  Real barbecue is brisket.

Now I'm hungry. :D

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #83 on: December 01, 2011, 12:05:00 pm »
BBQ and pizza authenticity is a matter of opinion for the most part...and you know what they say about opinions.  ;D
Ron Price

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #84 on: December 01, 2011, 12:05:58 pm »

I could argue your barbecue point all day long. Pork ribs are okay, but that's where it stops. That shredded crap with sauce poured all over it ain't "real" barbecue, IMO.  Real barbecue is brisket.

That's close to BLASPHEMY! :o

Offline dak0415

• Brewmaster
  • Winston-Salem, NC
« Reply #85 on: December 01, 2011, 12:15:29 pm »
+1
Just where the hell is Bo from, anyway?  Here in NC we have two distinct styles, Eastern and Lexington, and none of it includes any cow.
Dave Koenig
Anything worth doing - is worth overdoing!

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #86 on: December 01, 2011, 12:25:29 pm »
You generally have to go west of the Red river to understand real BBQ. And it's beef brisket, chicken, pork ribs and sausage. I didn't even know about pulled pork until my thirties. Then there's Cabrito and Barbacoa to consider.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #87 on: December 01, 2011, 12:29:35 pm »
You generally have to go west of the Red river to understand real BBQ. And it's beef brisket, chicken, pork ribs and sausage. I didn't even know about pulled pork until my thirties. Then there's Cabrito and Barbacoa to consider.
That's where you lose me. That's not BBQ. BBQ is pulled pork. Up north they used to call Sloppy Joe a Barbeque sandwich. Not quite as bad as "across the "Red river" I guess but close.

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • In the night!
« Reply #88 on: December 01, 2011, 12:29:42 pm »
Now hold it, it says this salsa is made in New York City!  New York City?!?!
Jesse

Offline fatdogale

• Assistant Brewer
  • Lynnwood, WA
« Reply #89 on: December 01, 2011, 12:32:11 pm »
I remember going to Uno's in downtown Chicago, quite a few years ago and before they became a chain. I fell in love with deep dish pizza.

+1..I love the stuff.  Also where I got the worst pizza burn ever.
John Childs