Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Wooden brew stand? Help with system design...  (Read 27329 times)

Offline Pi

• Brewer
  • "I would never trade tomorrow for today"
Re: Wooden brew stand? Help with system design...
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2011, 01:42:53 pm »
Trying again

Thanks for the help, Tom. I copied the URL from the properties dialog box.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 01:57:13 pm by Pi »
Primary:On Reflection APA
Lagering: Vienna
Drinking: Whenever I'm not working or driving

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2011, 11:29:19 pm »
What's that big tank in the back?
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2011, 01:22:08 am »

looks like a heating oil tank to me.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline Pi

• Brewer
  • "I would never trade tomorrow for today"
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2011, 05:53:44 am »

looks like a heating oil tank to me.
It is an oil tank. I currently use the burners outside (way too hot to do indoors right now). Got a new (gas) furnace put in last month and have a friend who is gonna buy the 1/2-tank-full and haul away. then I can put the RIMS to the back wall, and fab some kind of exhaust.
Primary:On Reflection APA
Lagering: Vienna
Drinking: Whenever I'm not working or driving

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2011, 12:52:14 am »
We had a rectangular kerosene tank in the old farm we lived on. Probably held 500 gallons and fed a gigantic stove that heated the entire side of the old part of the house. My Mom whipped up some badass Le Cordon Bleu in that place. Their side of the house was cold...

Thought it was a boiler or something. We don't suffer the cold down here so basements and that sort of stuff is alien. And yes. Exhaust or go electric. ;D
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline navebrewer

• 1st Kit
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2011, 01:05:23 pm »
Here is my gravity fed 3-tier system, it's nothing fancy.  The stand (and burners and keggles) came as-is from a guy who was selling all of his brewing gear.  The shelf at the bottom is convenient for resting the chiller and I can still gravity feed into a carboy.  The burners rest on baking sheets (the kind with a layer of air in the middle) to keep a little heat off of the wood, but they're probably not needed.

I am planning to build something very similar and I am struggling a litle with how to fix the burners to the top of the wood and underneath kegs.  Your set up looks interesting.  Would you be able to give any more details on the burner set up, what looks like a wind sheild and what is supporting the kegs Looks like they are all one and the same.

Thanks!

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2011, 03:13:09 pm »
Yes, they are three identical burner set ups.  They are not attached to the wood, they are just resting on top.  The burners are in cases that say Superb on the,  And now you know as much about them as I do. :)

Tom Schmidlin

Offline bo

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2011, 09:18:05 pm »
Here is my gravity fed 3-tier system, it's nothing fancy.  The stand (and burners and keggles) came as-is from a guy who was selling all of his brewing gear.  The shelf at the bottom is convenient for resting the chiller and I can still gravity feed into a carboy.  The burners rest on baking sheets (the kind with a layer of air in the middle) to keep a little heat off of the wood, but they're probably not needed.

It's nice to have your own brew stand, but it's even better to have a good dog to guard it.

Offline Jimmy K

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Delaware
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2011, 03:33:05 pm »
Mine is wood painted with high temp spray paint. The wood under the burners doesn't get that hot though.

http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/forum/index.php?topic=9968.0
Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP Certified: B0958