Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Allies Win The War! -- 21st Amendment and Ninkasi  (Read 5751 times)

Offline Pinski

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Portland, Oregon
Re: Allies Win The War! -- 21st Amendment and Ninkasi
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2011, 07:24:01 pm »
I haven't tried this blend yet...but with all the hype, I'd sure like to. Looks like these folks have some pellets.

http://www.rebelbrewer.com/shoppingcart/products/Falconers-Flight-Hops-1oz-Pellets.html

Thanks for the link. Just ordered half a pound to try them out on a single hop pale, also picked up some Amarillo and some Saaz as my LHBS was out last week. 
Steve Carper
Green Dragon Brewers
Clubs: Oregon Brew Crew & Strange Brew
BJCP Certified

Offline garc_mall

• Brewmaster
  • [1892.9, 294.9deg] AR Lynnwood, WA
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2011, 07:49:38 pm »
Maybe this is showing that I am a new brewer, but ordering hops mail order seems like a recipe for stale hops? do the vacuum packs work well enough that the warm temperatures won't cause so much damage? My guess is based on the number of mail order companies, it might be a RDWHAHB...

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2011, 10:42:31 pm »
I haven't tried this blend yet...but with all the hype, I'd sure like to. Looks like these folks have some pellets.

http://www.rebelbrewer.com/shoppingcart/products/Falconers-Flight-Hops-1oz-Pellets.html

Thanks for the link. Just ordered half a pound to try them out on a single hop pale, also picked up some Amarillo and some Saaz as my LHBS was out last week. 

not sure you can call it a single hop ale if you use the falconers flight as it is a blend of hops. but hey what do I care?

Maybe this is showing that I am a new brewer, but ordering hops mail order seems like a recipe for stale hops? do the vacuum packs work well enough that the warm temperatures won't cause so much damage? My guess is based on the number of mail order companies, it might be a RDWHAHB...

If you go with a company you trust it's not a problem. the vacuum packs work fine. after all they get shipped to your LHBS. Unless your growing your own or picking them up at the farm they are getting shipped one way or another.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2011, 10:44:50 pm »
Yeah, RDWHAHB, especially this time of year.  Hops Direct and Fresh Hops both get good reviews (I mostly order from Hops Direct, no problems at all).
Tom Schmidlin

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2011, 12:24:39 am »
Phil, Ninkasi in Oregon. I didn't even know there was a Ninkasi Brewing in France. Do they make good beer? I am going to need to know, my wife is planning on forcing me to Paris sometime in the next couple years, because she speaks french and loves the city.

Garc, yup, they're based out of Lyon. Out of the 6 750ml I've bought of theirs, 4 have been infected, same for the 2 minifut/5L minikegs. However, on draft, at one of their (awesome) brewpubs, it's really, really, really great. I think they have two different breweries, one for packaging and one for larger volumes/brewpubs/kegs. The Ninkasi blonde is about as close to a CAP as you can get in France... For now (bwahahaha)...

Like I tell everybody, PM me when you get closer to finding a date, I'm the Official Good Beer Greeter for the greater Paris metro area ;-)
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline Pinski

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Portland, Oregon
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2011, 02:27:20 am »

not sure you can call it a single hop ale if you use the falconers flight as it is a blend of hops. but hey what do I care?

Oh you know what I meant. ::)
Steve Carper
Green Dragon Brewers
Clubs: Oregon Brew Crew & Strange Brew
BJCP Certified

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2011, 05:29:47 am »

Guess what? Pro brewers have to have their hops delivered as well.  ;)