Other than Brewing > The Pub

For informational purposes only.

(1/5) > >>

weazletoe:
   I'm not saying anything is going on here, but if there were some changes even made at "Brewery 'de Weaze", and some whiskey were to be made (un-distilled of course  ;) ) where would a guy such as myself find a good mash recipe?
  And for emphasis, I'm not saying anything fishy is going on here. (yet.  ;) )

beerocd:
Probably a place that sells coppermoonshinestills might be better able to help you out.

But homedistiller.org is probably the best place to learn about the whole process.

akr71:
I'd try and get my hands on some Wyeast #4347.

YEAST STRAIN: 4347  |  Eau de Vie™

A very good choice for alcohol tolerance and stuck fermentations. Produces a very clean, dry profile, low ester formation and other volatile aromatics.
Origin: France
Flocculation: Low
Attenuation: NA
Temperature Range: 65-80°F, 18-27°C
Alcohol Tolerance: 21% ABV

Styles:
   Eau de Vie, Grappa/Marc/Bagaceira, Rum, Scotch, Vodka, Whiskey

It'll only get you to ~20% ABV, but you're half way there without any distillation.

bluesman:
Welcome back Weaz.  ;)

I would go here first.

http://www.distilling.com/

bonjour:
The distillers I visited while at the Cinci NHC used a very reasonable beer, and they actually call it beer, of 6-7%abv.  so anything should work but I would avoid anything that was fermented too warm (fusels) as I would not want those coming thru in a final product.

We are entering an era where many micros have taken up distillation on a small but professional level.  I suspect that many of them have earlier "undocumented" experience.

Fred

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version