Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving  (Read 3224 times)

Offline boulderbrewer

• Brewmaster
Re: Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2011, 10:40:49 pm »
Guys and Gals in  just wanted to follow up on my "rant" about this day and let you know how I felt.

I love me some turkey, I enjoyed thanksgiving both of them and both my turkeys. Yes I miss some birds, but you have to accept what you have done. If I got one person to think of where their meal came from I made my point. I love turkeys, anyone who spent less than a week would feel the same. If you think elsewise I invite you to visit next years turkeys. People raise these birds and make them ready for your table. It provides jobs and income to these people, if you could buy a turkey from a person who loves these birds and feels as passionate for their lives as I have expressed, would you have not felt better eating your holiday dinner provided by me?

Sorry I'm passionate about my life and what it entails, Please return back to the scheduled stuff.

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2011, 10:36:20 am »
Guys and Gals in  just wanted to follow up on my "rant" about this day and let you know how I felt.

I love me some turkey, I enjoyed thanksgiving both of them and both my turkeys. Yes I miss some birds, but you have to accept what you have done. If I got one person to think of where their meal came from I made my point. I love turkeys, anyone who spent less than a week would feel the same. If you think elsewise I invite you to visit next years turkeys. People raise these birds and make them ready for your table. It provides jobs and income to these people, if you could buy a turkey from a person who loves these birds and feels as passionate for their lives as I have expressed, would you have not felt better eating your holiday dinner provided by me?

Sorry I'm passionate about my life and what it entails, Please return back to the scheduled stuff.

no need to apologize! I think if more people took the time to raise and kill there own meat we would see a lot less people eating meat and a lot less suffering in the meat industry. I don't eat it myself but I have tremendous respect for those that take it into there own hands to convert this living feeling creature into food if that is what they choose to eat.

just so you don't feel to fringy let me say that I thank the plants I eat for their sacrifice so to thank the animal you are eating is no less or more than the right thing to do.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2011, 11:18:57 am »

No Vegan Diet...No Vegan Powers!!  ;D

I am powerless I must say.
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline pinnah

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Wesloper, CO
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2011, 11:31:42 am »
I love turkeys, although after getting used to chickens,
the size and consistency of the fertilizer those things leave behind took me off guard.  :o

Not the sharpest tool in the coop, from my experience anyway.
The strutting male gobbling and bursting red head is cool.

Now obtaining a wild turkey...that would indeed be a Thanksgiving treat!

I am sitting here crunching a homegrown carrot and thanking her for giving me all her potential. ;)