Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: iro·ny  (Read 12091 times)

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
Re: iro·ny
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2011, 08:24:41 am »
No apology necessary. I'm pretty certain it's photochopped. I'm not 100% certain. But 80-90% sure.

Offline paul

• Cellarman
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2011, 08:26:53 am »
It's definitely photoshopped.  Look at the where the light appears to be coming from.  For the car, its entire front is in shadow and right side it in light, indicating the light is coming from behind the car and the right (from the viewer's perspective).  But on the wheels, it's clear that light is coming from the front.

Offline bo

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2011, 08:28:31 am »
I'm 100% certain that making a Prius monster truck is a stupid idea, either real or by photoshop. Put the it in the wrecking yard where it belongs. :D

Offline bo

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2011, 08:34:20 am »
It's definitely photoshopped.  Look at the where the light appears to be coming from.  For the car, its entire front is in shadow and right side it in light, indicating the light is coming from behind the car and the right (from the viewer's perspective).  But on the wheels, it's clear that light is coming from the front.

In the closest wheel (front-left) there is a shadow in the rim that indicates that  the light is coming from the upper right. Same thing on the large, outer tread on that tire. The body appears to be shadowed the same way. At least that's how I see it and I've looked at it way too long at this point.  :-\

Offline paul

• Cellarman
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2011, 08:37:07 am »
To me, the back inside rim is illuminated, indicating light from the front.

I also think jacked-up Priuses could be used a whole new genre of monster car shows.  I'm sure some people would love to see them driving over Hummers!

Offline bo

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2011, 08:41:06 am »
And speaking of Hummers.  :D

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2011, 08:57:06 am »
I'd have a prius in an instant if it costs under 20K. I have to drive 30 minutes just to get anywhere. I do have a motorcycle and can get 40+ mpg on that but hard to pick the kids up from school on that.

look into deisel! my 2003 Jetta TDI gets a little over 47 mpg on my 35 minute ride to work. fuel is ~$0.20 more per gallon but it drives like a real car.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2011, 09:44:34 am »
It's a real build.  Download the photo, magnify it 10x and look at it.  You'll find no discontinuities between the body and the frame.

Try googling Prius monster truck.
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline corkybstewart

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2011, 09:57:20 am »
We were at a rest area on the Autobahn a couple of years ago and a Smart car with a Ferrari body kit parked next to us.  I thought I would wet my pants laughing when I watched that poor guy getting out of that tiny car.  Just the idea of a Smart car on the autobahn was funny enough, at least until he passed me. a few minutes later.
Life is wonderful in sunny White Signal New Mexico

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2011, 01:01:10 pm »
I'm no expert but it looks fake to me.  More importantly - why are no other pictures or video of it available?  Presumably it sat there long enough for plenty of people to take a picture, and someone must have seen it moving.  And no proud owner/builder?
Tom Schmidlin

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2011, 01:52:36 pm »
I am an expert and I say its fake. I have been working in photoshop since it was first released.  As far as blowing it up and looking at the under undercarriage that really proves nothing - anyone with any photoshop experience can seamlessly blend just about anything. This isn't cutting and pasting from power point folks, it's one of the most powerful photo manipulation software packages commonly available. And it you know what you are doing you can do some amazing stuff. The prius on the MT wheels is pretty good, but not flawless.

And punatic, if you can blow a 72 pixel image up 10xs and see anything except pixels you you much have a program from the future.  ;)

All a google search did for me was to confirm that lots of people have photoshopped prius on monster truck wheels. Some good. SOme not so good.

Offline theDarkSide

• Derry, NH
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2011, 02:14:51 pm »
This one's real  ;D

Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline bo

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2011, 03:12:12 pm »
I am an expert and I say its fake. I have been working in photoshop since it was first released.  As far as blowing it up and looking at the under undercarriage that really proves nothing - anyone with any photoshop experience can seamlessly blend just about anything. This isn't cutting and pasting from power point folks, it's one of the most powerful photo manipulation software packages commonly available. And it you know what you are doing you can do some amazing stuff. The prius on the MT wheels is pretty good, but not flawless.

And punatic, if you can blow a 72 pixel image up 10xs and see anything except pixels you you much have a program from the future.  ;)

All a google search did for me was to confirm that lots of people have photoshopped prius on monster truck wheels. Some good. SOme not so good.

Now this one really is photoshopped.

Offline punatic

• Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2011, 03:43:34 pm »
I am an expert and I say its fake. I have been working in photoshop since it was first released.  As far as blowing it up and looking at the under undercarriage that really proves nothing -

Man I love this forum.  This kind of entertaiment is hard to come by!  Your comments are worth the cost of AHA membership!

Looking at pixels is exactly how you spot retouching.  Do you really think that someone who is sophisticated enough and wlling to spend the time to blend images at the pixel level would forget to retouch the view out of the windows?
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline tubercle

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sweet Caroline
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2011, 03:58:30 pm »
Before Photoshop ::)

Sweet Caroline where the Sun rises over the deep blue sea and sets somewhere beyond Tennessee