Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Wildcard  (Read 4564 times)

Offline wzl46

• Cellarman
Re: Wildcard
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2010, 09:08:19 am »
I put that $5 a week in my sock drawer and go to Vegas every year or so, to lose some *real* money...  ;D

The other residents of Nevada and I thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your contributions to our state so we don't have to pay state taxes.  Tourists rule!
Yeast infections are only bad when they don't happen to wort.

Offline rabid_dingo

• Brewmaster
  • Brighton, CO :D
    • Mile High Monks
Re: Wildcard
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2010, 10:52:29 pm »

I can waste a good commute in or out just dreaming of the big win...I don't frequently buy tix unless the jackpot is over $50-75M...

Cuz $20MM just wont do?

Oh no! Don't get me wrong, I am just reining in my greed (or balancing it with my desire for a soda). I figure the odds of winning are the same whether the jackpot is $12M or $315M.The only change in odds is the odds of sharing the jackpot go up. Might as well aim (dream) big! I have to admit that there is no method to my madness. It is one of those things that I don't actively do. I don't watch the jackpot and wait for it to pass my "Threshold" I just walk by a powerball/lotto kiosk every day at work and it would be so easy to waste a ton of money on. If it happens to occur to me to look at the jackpot and it happens to have gone up(No winners in a while) I'll throw a couple of bucks at it.

Weird thing though. I don't dream of "what I could/would do with a ton of money unless I have bought a ticket."
and for everyone that says you cant win unless you buy a ticket...people have found winning tkts. I bet the odds are the same. Buying the winner vs. finding the winner. It has happened.
Ruben * Colorado :)