Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Almost like a BFI thread!  (Read 4726 times)

Offline bo

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Almost like a BFI thread!
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2011, 06:55:09 am »
How many shots did you get in while backing up the officers???  ;)

I heard shots and locked the doors and hid under the desk with the lights turned out.  :D

Note to self: Bring gun to work.

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2011, 07:09:58 am »
Hey tds, I was looking at your avatar and it occurs to me, you need a running game and a defense to keep from blowing up in January.  Deja vu all over again.

(this is a BFI-like thread, yah?)
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2011, 08:46:22 am »
Too cool!

I have to ask, did you know Werner von Braun?

No, I didn't move here until 1993. I do know several rocket scientists though.

Is that your black/grey SUV and you walking by out in front of your building on google maps? ;D

I don't think so. I have a black toyota tacoma.

Just goes to show that this type of activity can happen anywhere...even right in your own backyard. It takes some cajones to start firing at police officers...not to mention complete stupidity. Glad to hear you're alright.

yeah, I guess it could happen anywhere but the fact is the brewery is within walking distance of the projects. Actually never had any problems from anyone, except a few pesky homeless people. Needless to say we don;t have a sign or plans for a tasting room at this location.

Somehow the AL legislature will use this the next time the homebrew bill comes up.  "You see!!!  Violence right outside an establishment that makes alcohol.  We will have shootings in our homes next if you pass this bill because alcohol is being made there.  Noah was a whino on M-E-A-D"

Man, you nailed it. Bulls eye! Although I have to admit we have been making massive progress. It feels like a great accomplishment to be involved with a movement that is bringing alabama out of the 1950's.

Note to self: Bring gun to work.

I actually don't have a gun down at the brewery but I have thought about putting a shotgun in the office. I do often keep the door locked and we have cameras out front and a peep hole in the door. And I am rarely there alone after dark.

And FTR I didn't really even hear the gun shots or hide under my desk. The brewery is so noisy it would have to happen inside for me to hear it. I did have the doors locked though.

Offline bo

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2011, 08:59:00 am »
After I suggested the gun, I wondered if that was even possible with the beer element involved? Laws get strange when alcohol is involved.

Offline pinnah

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Wesloper, CO
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2011, 09:22:02 am »
Obviously this is not a BFI thread, because you responded to your original post. :)

After I suggested the gun, I wondered if that was even possible with the beer element involved? Laws get strange when alcohol is involved.

I saw a study recently which confirmed that alcohol leads to increased gun violence. :P

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2011, 11:01:59 am »
Is that your black/grey SUV and you walking by out in front of your building on google maps? ;D
I don't think so. I have a black toyota tacoma.
That could be yours in the satellite view, but not in the street view.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2011, 12:43:19 pm »
A gun-related story from last night in NH...not as exciting as Major's but I'd hate to be this guys shorts today.

http://www.wmur.com/news/29982579/detail.html
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------