Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: What's Brewing This Weekend - 12/16 Edition  (Read 9332 times)

Offline tomsawyer

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: What's Brewing This Weekend - 12/16 Edition
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2011, 08:06:22 pm »
I was gifted a pound of midnight wheat and I think I'll use it to make a black IPA.  I'm going to try pressurized fermentation, have the spunding valve set up and the Brewhemoth is sanitized and ready to go.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline rbclay

• Assistant Brewer
  • Northfield, MN
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2011, 08:27:12 pm »
bottling my half of a split batch IPA. i brewed a 10G batch with a friend that is relatively new to brewing. we split it and  pitched 1056 in his while i used West Yorkshire.

brewing a robust porter. planning to split into 2 batches, one with London III and one with West Yorkshire.

what can i say, i really like that strain.
Randy Clay
Milltown Mashers
https://www.facebook.com/groups/404574082932834/
BJCP Certified

Offline Pinski

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Portland, Oregon
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2011, 10:08:36 pm »
Chores this weekend, racking my Schwarzbier and doting over my fermenting Pils, cleaning Cornies and converting two ten gallon Cornies to fermenters.
Steve Carper
Green Dragon Brewers
Clubs: Oregon Brew Crew & Strange Brew
BJCP Certified

Offline madscientist

• Brewer
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2011, 06:41:51 am »
Provided I get my ingredients tomorrow, I will be brewing a Sierra Nevada Celebration Clone. (I have fallen in love with this beer).  Also, my witbier and pale ale should be ready to drink so I will be enjoying some of those as well.
Homebrewed since 2010

Offline bo

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2011, 06:50:16 am »
Provided I get my ingredients tomorrow, I will be brewing a Sierra Nevada Celebration Clone. (I have fallen in love with this beer).  Also, my witbier and pale ale should be ready to drink so I will be enjoying some of those as well.

You and my wife. A great, simple recipe.

Offline metron-brewer

• Assistant Brewer
  • White Bear Lake, MN
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2011, 08:15:18 am »
The BYO Summit EPA clone on Sunday. Smoking salmon for Christmas on Friday.
Ron B.
White Bear Lake, MN

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2011, 11:05:15 am »
Working...again.  12-16 hours every day but Christmas til the first of the year.  I have 3 batches in fermenters and I'm hoping I can find the time to at least deal with them.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • In the night!
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2011, 11:45:47 am »
Sounds like sh*t, Denny.
Jesse

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2011, 11:49:47 am »
Sounds like sh*t, Denny.

It's show biz....when everyone else is celebrating and partying, we're the people providing the entertainment for them.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline madscientist

• Brewer
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2011, 12:15:05 pm »

You and my wife. A great, simple recipe.

Indeed.  Simple is good.  I'm trying to turn my wife on to more hoppy beers.  As luck would have it Fedex tracking number just showed ingredients will be delivered today.  All systems go for brewing.
Homebrewed since 2010

Offline beersk

• In the night!
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2011, 01:18:03 pm »
Sounds like sh*t, Denny.

It's show biz....when everyone else is celebrating and partying, we're the people providing the entertainment for them.
Yeah, I suppose.  I played a show on Tuesday night in Chicago at Reggie's.  Good crowd of 200 maybe.  The nice thing about that is when you're done playing and packed up, it's time to drink beer and watch the next band.  And you get discounts on food and drink.  Depends on what you're doing in show biz I guess.  But being a drummer is a pain.  We have the most stuff, takes the longest to set up and tear down...blah.  But I guess it's worth it.
Jesse

Offline ynotbrusum

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2011, 06:16:39 pm »
Brewing a German BoPils for the SuperBowl (a friend's party - once you bring homebrew to one of these things, you are elected to do so for life!)  I have to rack a minibatch that is 4 weeks into fermentation to harvest the yeast for this full batch.

No show business for me, but still an incredibly busy time (but I will take it - both of my kids will be home from college for the holiday break, so I will have some slave labor available from my son).

Early holiday wishes to all - I hope all your brew wishes come true.

Go Santa.

:D
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"

Offline thebigbaker

• Brewmaster
  • Denver, CO
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2011, 06:30:06 pm »
It's between a amber or wit.  My wife really like's wits and hefeweizens.   The hefeweizen in the keg just finished carbonating, so I'm leaning towards the amber.
Jeremy Baker

"An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You should never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2011, 08:52:03 pm »
No brewing.  Going to try to start rescuing a 2 year old smack pack of pacman yeast. 
Clint
Wort Hogs

Offline passlaku

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2011, 06:54:10 pm »
Brewed a steam beer today, which makes for a nice session beer. Planning on kegging my smoked porter tonight.