Attempted to brew a double batch of a THA clone. Fail. FAIL FAIL FAIL. Well sorta.
Neighbor asked me to brew some beer for him for his NYE party, and since I hadn't brewed since September, figured it would be a good idea. I tried to make a homemade stirplate, spent about half the afternoon on Saturday trying to get the thing to work, but it didn't. I ordered a real one from Hanna instruments.
Got my brand new silicon tubing and medical-grade plastic quick disconnects set up, I love those things. Even got to use the new MaltMill. Grist was way too fine, I didn't think too much of it because the husk was intact, but during mash out I could barely break up the stuff on the bottom, stuck sparge. Was almost like concrete. Not happy. Had to have a double batch worth of grain to make a single batch, but at the very least I have a single batch ready.