Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: bottling from a keg  (Read 19368 times)

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • In the night!
Re: bottling from a keg
« Reply #90 on: December 17, 2011, 06:42:35 pm »

Now to get to the point, I had a beer gun in my hand last week at Northern Brewer and their video showing a guy bottling was playing behind the cash.  I commented on it and was told that when they made that, the liquid in the video wasn't beer and that it wasn't carbonated.  Sort of ticked me off that they didn't use carbonated beer since that seems to be why people buy the thing.  I turned around and put it back on the shelf. 

Lame! 
Jesse

Offline el_capitan

• Brewer
« Reply #91 on: December 17, 2011, 09:02:22 pm »
Wow.  I can't believe I just read this entire thread.  That's 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back!

Pinnah- give the picnic tap/bottling wand/rubber stopper method a shot.  That's what I do.  A couple nights ago I bottled a bunch of hard cider for coworkers and it worked like a charm.  And, like others have said, it's essentially free.  I had all that stuff just laying around. 

I didn't bother to chill the bottles, because I've tried that and still had foaming issues.  I think having a wet interior on the bottle makes more of a difference, so I tend to sanitize my bottles and then bottle right away.  Of course, cider doesn't really foam up in any situation, so it was much easier.  I've had foam issues with beer, but it's really a tiny bit of beer wastage, all things considered. 

Enjoy your kegs!  I would bet that your beer disappears a lot faster.  When I made the switch, my wife said, "If I had realized this would mean no more bottles laying around, I would have bought you a keg setup years ago!"  Keg hopping is the bomb.   ;D

Offline bo

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #92 on: December 18, 2011, 06:13:25 am »
I've got lots of guns, but none of them shoot beer.

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • In the night!
« Reply #93 on: December 18, 2011, 08:52:08 pm »
I've got lots of guns, but none of them shoot beer.
Oooooookay.  Good for you!
Jesse