General Category > General Homebrew Discussion

Austin Homebrew Supply Pliny the Elder Recipe Kit

(1/2) > >>

jasoncap:
They had this on sale for about $48 for all grain, no yeast, priming sugar, etc. so I figured I would give it a try.  Has anyone made this kit?  I am interested in any feedback.

Thanks in advance

mikeypedersen:
Vinnie from Russian River was very kind and shared that recipe with the brewing world some time ago, so the recipe is widely distributed.  While I have never ordered the kit from Austin Homebrew Supply, I have pieced together the recipe and absolutely love it.  If you are a hop-head, it's a must brew!

blatz:

--- Quote from: mikeypedersen on January 20, 2010, 08:18:21 AM ---Vinnie from Russian River was very kind and shared that recipe with the brewing world some time ago, so the recipe is widely distributed. 

--- End quote ---

Vinnie's recipe handout is available on Fred Bonjour's site.  I'd link it, but its on my favorites at home  :-[

beersk:
$48 with no yeast or priming sugar?  Ay dios mio!  That's expensive!  You'd be better off finding the recipe and buy your ingredients separately. 

jasoncap:

--- Quote from: beersk on January 20, 2010, 08:35:27 AM ---$48 with no yeast or priming sugar?  Ay dios mio!  That's expensive!  You'd be better off finding the recipe and buy your ingredients separately. 

--- End quote ---

Assuming the recipe includes all 17 oz of hops as indicated, that doesn't really seem too far out of line.  Unless I buy in larger quantities at hopsdirect, etc the hops will cost me on average $3/oz which comes out to $51 before I even buy any grain.  I will admit, though, that I might not buy ingredients as smartly as other folks because I don't brew more than once a month and typically don't buy in bulk.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version