Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Sorry Guest, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is set to expire October 13, 2024, 08:19:18 am.

Author Topic: Tough job  (Read 4965 times)

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
Re: Tough job
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2011, 12:46:15 am »
I bet it's gonna steam roll "pragmatic" in 2012!!

Nah, they could go hand-in-hand. "Pragmatic" is the antithesis of "weazletoish." Although I think the better spelling/pronunciation would be "Weazletoian" or "Weazeltoique"

A weazesque weazism or weazletoical action.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2011, 01:03:56 am »
Meh, I only ended up drinking about a pint and a half. I suddenly remembered it was Tuesday and I had to take my son to cub scouts. Nap.was nice though.  ;)

Oh man... just when I was really enjoying our antagonistic forum positions, you had to bring Scouts into it.
I have great respect for a parent who allows their son to be a part of Scouting.  If it works for your son, there is not much that is better. I highly recommend becoming a Scout leader.  It's even better than being a Scout.

Tuesday nights are when we meet too.

As a firm believer in the K.I.S.S. philosophy.  I suggest "weazish."
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2011, 01:53:39 am »
Meh, I only ended up drinking about a pint and a half. I suddenly remembered it was Tuesday and I had to take my son to cub scouts. Nap.was nice though.  ;)

Oh man... just when I was really enjoying our antagonistic forum positions, you had to bring Scouts into it.
I have great respect for a parent who allows their son to be a part of Scouting.  If it works for your son, there is not much that is better. I highly recommend becoming a Scout leader.  It's even better than being a Scout.

Weazish, for me, with its -ish suffix, indicates a half-hearted attempt at weazletoisms. You are only partially weazletoique, therefore you are weazish.

I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2011, 05:06:23 am »

I was Senior Patrol leader in troop 60 in Shiremanstown PA. We met Monday nights.  ;) was only one merit badge and my eagle project away from getting my eagle. I so regret not doing that. But I had a reputation as a partier to uphold and didn't want my name in the paper.  ::) So stupid, kids are.

I'll probably volunteer as an assistant leader when he is in Boy Scouts. But I'm going to kick back for the cub scout years. I have too much on my plate right now as it is.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2011, 05:34:02 am »

Sounds really good!  What a business you are in, cheers to the explosion.
I bet we could all could drink pallets of that stuff.  Srsly, all in sincere constructive pointers.

Wow, it truly is amazing the amount and diversity of crafty brew offerings
across this reborn brewing nation. 8)

Happy holidays and good luck.

Thanks man! This year is going to be lots of fun because we are putting in place a 10 bbl brewery (with a 15 bbl MT and BK for high gravity beer!  :D) and I am keeping my current system online so I will be able to run anywhere between 1bbl and 2.7bbl batches on the side, which I plan on doing every week or every other week depending. Lots of pilot batches, can't wait! Keeping that homebrewing spirit!

Offline Mark G

• Brewmaster
  • Huntley, IL
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2011, 07:39:18 am »

Sounds really good!  What a business you are in, cheers to the explosion.
I bet we could all could drink pallets of that stuff.  Srsly, all in sincere constructive pointers.

Wow, it truly is amazing the amount and diversity of crafty brew offerings
across this reborn brewing nation. 8)

Happy holidays and good luck.

Thanks man! This year is going to be lots of fun because we are putting in place a 10 bbl brewery (with a 15 bbl MT and BK for high gravity beer!  :D) and I am keeping my current system online so I will be able to run anywhere between 1bbl and 2.7bbl batches on the side, which I plan on doing every week or every other week depending. Lots of pilot batches, can't wait! Keeping that homebrewing spirit!
10 bbl brewery... Very nice! Congrats on the expansion.
Mark Gres

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2011, 11:07:10 am »
Awesomeness! Though I hear it's a 15 bbl that sets you free...
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2011, 12:02:20 pm »
What was it Crocodile Dundee said?  "Anything less than 100 barrels is just a hobby farm."   :D

Just yankin' your chain major.  Brewing 310 gallons at a time has got to be a blast.  Happy to hear about the upgrade!
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2011, 12:04:46 pm »
This is what I sent out for the handbill. I'd love to age this in a dark rum or bourbon bbl next year! ;D

Saison de Noel is our first annual Christmas release. This is a high
gravity black saison laced with subtle Christmas spices. Belgian spice
is prominent in the nose along with notes of chocolate and espresso.
The pallet is smooth with hints of dark, tart fruits blended with
semi-sweet chocolates and finishes with mellow roast character and
alcoholic warmth. Available December 22nd. ABV 9.8%

I am glad to see this. I am planning a partigyle with 20 lbs wheat malt and 6 lbs munich, the first runnings will get WLP565 and i am going to age in my 20L balcones Rum barrel. Nice to hear a pro thinking along the same lines.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce