Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: BrewDog Hardcore IPA  (Read 3426 times)

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
BrewDog Hardcore IPA
« on: December 23, 2011, 04:02:52 am »
Deeeelish. Especially when served fresh, on draft. You could drink four or five of these easily. And then you could try to get cash out of the ATM and type in the PIN for a different card, and have the machine eat your card for 'security,' but thankfully you still had the other card. Then you could go buy some Ben & Jerry's, put it in a bag with your phone and hop in a cab and when you roll down the window to... express yourself down the side of the cab. The cab driver gets pissed and pulls over on the side of the interstate and hands you a roll of towels and says 'get to work.' Then you could come home (after giving the guy a nice tip) and leave a trail of clothes from the front door, up the stairs, into the bathroom, into the bedroom, back down the stairs because you forgot to take some advil and drink some water, back up the stairs, and then wake up the next morning and be scared that your phone was lost because you can't find it, only to use Find My iPhone and discover that it's in the plastic bag with the ice cream in the middle of the yard. Then you get to work two hours late because now you're the boss and you're not allowed to take vacation for Christmas because everybody else already requested it and there has to be someone 'at the desk.' So you spend the day tellin' lies on the AHA forum and dreaming of a full English breakfast, hot cup of tea and staying as far away as possible from Hardcore IPA.
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline bo

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: BrewDog Hardcore IPA
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 04:59:23 am »
I could, thank you, but I'll pass. Been there, done that. Great laugh over coffee. :D

Offline firedog23

• Brewer
  • Just taking it one brew at a time!
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 06:01:07 am »
That is some good stuff!
In the fermenter:

Up coming brews:
First boil in a bag

Offline Mark G

• Brewmaster
  • Huntley, IL
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 07:05:02 am »
Thanks for the entertaining beer review. I think I've had similar experiences before, but I can't remember them.  ;)
Mark Gres

Offline jiggs26.2

• Cellarman
  • Black Hills, South Dakota
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 07:44:13 am »
I have had hardcore and that is about correct 3 or 4 or these will get you messed up.  I like the hardcore but I do prefer Punk IPA over it.  I have also had 5 AM Saint, Sunk Punk, Hello My Name is Ingrid, Toyko and a few others they have.  I would have to say if you can get your hands on a bottle try Sunk Punk and Hello My Name is Ingrid.  These are probably my favorite.

http://www.brewdog.com/blog-article/sunk-punk
AHA Lifetime Member

Primary:
Secondary:
Bottle/Keg: Holiday Chocolate Stout, Nelson Sauvin IPA, Brew Dog Punk IPA Clone, Apricot Pale Ale, Wizenbock

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 07:50:21 am »
I have had hardcore and that is about correct 3 or 4 or these will get you messed up.  I like the hardcore but I do prefer Punk IPA over it.  I have also had 5 AM Saint, Sunk Punk, Hello My Name is Ingrid, Toyko and a few others they have.  I would have to say if you can get your hands on a bottle try Sunk Punk and Hello My Name is Ingrid.  These are probably my favorite.

http://www.brewdog.com/blog-article/sunk-punk

5am Saint, Tokyo and punk IPA are pretty easy to find, but it seems I can only get HMNII from the UK.
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline jiggs26.2

• Cellarman
  • Black Hills, South Dakota
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 07:55:31 am »

5am Saint, Tokyo and punk IPA are pretty easy to find, but it seems I can only get HMNII from the UK.

Well if you look at their web page you can order beer from them I had it shipped to Sicily while I lived there with no problems.  It is a little expensive so if you do it make sure you order around 24 to fill a box shipping doesn't change if you order 12 or 24.
AHA Lifetime Member

Primary:
Secondary:
Bottle/Keg: Holiday Chocolate Stout, Nelson Sauvin IPA, Brew Dog Punk IPA Clone, Apricot Pale Ale, Wizenbock

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 09:27:59 am »
Awesome review Phil.  It gave me flashbacks. 
Clint
Wort Hogs

Offline firedog23

• Brewer
  • Just taking it one brew at a time!
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2011, 12:52:59 pm »
Ohhh, My Name is Ingrid is a special beer. Has to be Brewdogs best.
In the fermenter:

Up coming brews:
First boil in a bag

Offline chezteth

• Brewmaster
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2011, 11:09:27 pm »
That is one heck of a story.  Sounds like you had a good night.  If I ever run across this beer I will be sure to pick it up!

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2011, 06:26:06 am »
You are a stream of consciousness novelist too?  Sounds like you're channeling HST.  Also sounds like a two-day hangover   >:(.

Joyeux Noël my friend!
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907