Other than Brewing > The Pub

BeerCloud App

(1/4) > >>

mikeypedersen:
Anyone out there have this on their iPhone or Android phone? You can scan the barcode of most beers and it will tell you info the Brewer has released on that beer; flavor profile, abv, ibu's, etc. Then it also has a sommolier feature where you enter the dish you are making and it pairs beer styles with that. You can even click on the styles and it will list beers in that style. Then click on the beer and it will find the nearest store that carries it (although currently the beer finder only works in 4 or 5 states). Pretty sweet apparently that is also free!
It's pretty awesome for when you are at the store and can't quite figure out what a beer is!

Robert:
It's alright. Its free, so I have no standing to complain. There are run-of-the-mill commercial descriptions of the beers, usually from the brewer's homepage. Just lift the beer out of the sixer and you can probably get the same description. The barcode doesn't work on the iPhone and the food pairings are set for styles and are pretty basic. But again, it's free and I have it and I use it.

bluesman:

--- Quote from: Robert on January 21, 2010, 08:08:31 AM ---It's alright. Its free, so I have no standing to complain. There are run-of-the-mill commercial descriptions of the beers, usually from the brewer's homepage. Just lift the beer out of the sixer and you can probably get the same description. The barcode doesn't work on the iPhone and the food pairings are set for styles and are pretty basic. But again, it's free and I have it and I use it.

--- End quote ---

+1

I have it and use it now and then. It's okay for being free. I like browsing for beers of a particular style especially while I'm researching for a recipe formulation. I can quickly find commercial examples of a particular style.

mikeypedersen:
I'm suprised the iPhone doesn't have the bar-code reader....

brewboy:
I got my son to try it after reading about it here and he too says the barcode reader doesn't' work on the iphone, but you can manually input the numbers .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version