Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Things Picking Up in the Carolinas  (Read 19333 times)

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
Re: Things Picking Up in the Carolinas
« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2011, 09:25:23 pm »
Apparently Ken's been to Ashville four times in recent months, and he mentioned "the water is good"... :-\

http://beernews.org/2011/12/more-on-sierra-nevadas-ken-grossman-visiting-asheville/
Ron Price

Offline bo

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2011, 09:28:48 pm »
This thread is really funny. :)

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
Ron Price

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2011, 10:00:46 pm »

Is it only just entertainment to you bo ??? ;D Been quite informative to me. I had no Idea SN was expanding.

Anything worth talking about is worth overtalking about. :)
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline Rhoobarb

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2011, 08:18:06 pm »
Bad bad good good something something...
"Brewing beer to save money makes as much sense as buying a boat to cut costs on a fish dinner." -- Tim French

>^,,^<
Rhoobarb
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chicken-City-Ale-Raisers/118689024850197

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2011, 09:44:03 pm »
Bad bad good good something something...

That is profound!
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline bo

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2011, 06:10:34 am »

Is it only just entertainment to you bo ??? ;D Been quite informative to me. I had no Idea SN was expanding.

Anything worth talking about is worth overtalking about. :)

Yes, it's been extremely entertaining to me. :D

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
« Reply #82 on: December 18, 2011, 10:01:09 am »
As long as he puts the right people in charge in NC, with the same vision, it will be easier to do so.

Maybe I should apply for a job 8)

Mmmm mmmm, SN Pine Needle beer...  :D
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member

Offline tubercle

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sweet Caroline
« Reply #83 on: December 18, 2011, 10:04:25 am »
As long as he puts the right people in charge in NC, with the same vision, it will be easier to do so.

Maybe I should apply for a job 8)

Mmmm mmmm, SN Pine Needle beer...  :D

Ssshhhh!!  It's supposed to be a secret :D :D :D
Sweet Caroline where the Sun rises over the deep blue sea and sets somewhere beyond Tennessee

Offline tubercle

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sweet Caroline
« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2012, 04:50:42 pm »
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 04:52:57 pm by tubercle »
Sweet Caroline where the Sun rises over the deep blue sea and sets somewhere beyond Tennessee

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2012, 04:54:13 pm »
Cool, can't wait to see how it goes.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2012, 06:32:59 pm »
Good news! I guess they'll divide the country right down the Mississippi.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline homebrewgamecock

• Cellarman
  • Westminster, CO
« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2012, 01:38:13 pm »
I think many of us have a romantic view of beer, brewing and even the business side of beer and brewing.  Bottom line, SN wants to make great beer and money.  I don't worry about their quality and I think they will do a great job.  Not everything big is bad IMO.  I love both large and small craft breweries.  Without making money, SN would have less resources to experiment and offer different beers. 

I am sure many of us have experienced a business that was once great only to falter when expanding.  Thankfully SN has been around since the 80's.  They have been making craft beer for a long time.  I get the trepidation that many have and while I am sure SN will do a great job, there is that tiny part of me that has some concern. When something you love changes, we often react with some fear or skepticism. 

New Belgium is about 40 minutes from where I live.  While I don't really drink Fat Tire much, I appreciate that this was the beer that allowed NB to become who they are today.  Without the flagship beer selling so well, they would not have the money to go out on a limb and make other great craft beers we all crave.  I enjoy many of their beers and I am thankful that Fat Tire has been the cash cow to allow them to make these other beers. 

If breweries do not strive for profit, they will cease to exist.  It goes without saying they must also produce a quality product while making money. 

Offline tubercle

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sweet Caroline
« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2012, 03:42:45 pm »
I think many of us have a romantic view of beer, brewing and even the business side of beer and brewing.  Bottom line, SN wants to make great beer and money.  I don't worry about their quality and I think they will do a great job.  Not everything big is bad IMO.  I love both large and small craft breweries.  Without making money, SN would have less resources to experiment and offer different beers. 

I am sure many of us have experienced a business that was once great only to falter when expanding.  Thankfully SN has been around since the 80's.  They have been making craft beer for a long time.  I get the trepidation that many have and while I am sure SN will do a great job, there is that tiny part of me that has some concern. When something you love changes, we often react with some fear or skepticism. 

New Belgium is about 40 minutes from where I live.  While I don't really drink Fat Tire much, I appreciate that this was the beer that allowed NB to become who they are today.  Without the flagship beer selling so well, they would not have the money to go out on a limb and make other great craft beers we all crave.  I enjoy many of their beers and I am thankful that Fat Tire has been the cash cow to allow them to make these other beers. 

If breweries do not strive for profit, they will cease to exist.  It goes without saying they must also produce a quality product while making money. 

Nothing to add except I'm glad to see another Gamecock fan on here.

Clemson sucks.