Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Frosted Glassware isn't Cool!  (Read 3753 times)

Offline Crash Green

• 1st Kit
Re: Frosted Glassware isn't Cool!
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2012, 05:22:18 pm »
I only drink my beer and free beer. My beer is served properly, and if it's free, take it and worry about hidden costs later.
"Start every day with a smile on your face and get it over with." -W.C. Fields

Offline Joe Sr.

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Chicago - NORTH SIDE
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 09:24:06 am »
Myself as well.  But I honestly can't recall the last time someone served me a frosted glass.

It probably had Old Style in it, so the super cold and the ice chips did not detract from the experience.

No disrespect to Old Style.  It's one of my sentimental favorites.
It's all in the reflexes. - Jack Burton

Offline yugamrap

• Brewer
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, 04:38:44 pm »
When I was a kid, Coors wasn't available here in Ohio.  My uncle was in college at Oklahoma U. at that time, and it was a big deal for him to bring a case or two of Coors back home to my dad who treated it like it was the nectar of the gods.  He'd ration it to last months until my uncle was coming home again.  Dad had glass mugs with the Coors logo on the side and always kept them frosted in the freezer so he could have an ice-cold Coors.  He would only drink Coors from them, and wouldn't think of "defiling" them with some other beer.

Later, when Coors became available here, he changed his tune and became a loyal Michelob drinker.  And, when offered a Coors at a ball game, he'd tell the vendor to come back when they had some "real beer."

Dad died several years ago, and I ended up with the Coors mugs.  I keep one in my freezer, but I never use it.
...it's liquid bread, it's good for you!