Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: What were your first and second favorite beers, chronologically?  (Read 3731 times)

Offline dak0415

• Brewmaster
  • Winston-Salem, NC
Re: What were your first and second favorite beers, chronologically?
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2012, 10:14:18 am »
I guess my first was Bud.  I was very young (<12) and my dad would let me have a shotglass full of his with dinner.  A little later (still under age) we had a rooftree party at a house we were building, there was a pony keg (wooden with a wood tap) of Michelob.  Fast fwd to the summer after high school, trip to Canada with our shooting team, Molson's and Labatts.
Dave Koenig
Anything worth doing - is worth overdoing!

Offline yugamrap

• Brewer
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2012, 04:28:08 pm »
My first go-to beer was Miller High Life because a lot of the local bars my band played in sold it for $1/bottle. 

My first "favorite" was Heineken on tap at a little local dive bar.

It's hard to say whether I've had a favorite since I got interested in craft beer and started brewing, but I'm pretty fond of Victory Golden Monkey and of the White Rajah  IPA at a local brew pub called The Brew Kettle.
...it's liquid bread, it's good for you!

Offline corkybstewart

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, 07:54:35 pm »
Ice cold Miller High Life cans fishing with my dad back in the late 60's were my first go-to beers..  Then as an exchange student  in El Salvador I learned that beer can be enjoyed at room temp.  It was called Pilsner(what an original name for a cheap crappy macro) and was served "bien fria"-literally nicely chilled but in reality "not extremely hot".  But it did the trick ad at 14 years old who was I to complain.
Life is wonderful in sunny White Signal New Mexico