Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Beer Hunter: The Movie - Kickstarter  (Read 2633 times)

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
Beer Hunter: The Movie - Kickstarter
« on: January 11, 2012, 06:23:06 am »
I haven't seen anyone post about this, perhaps I missed it.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wandermedia/beer-hunter-the-movie

They need another 20K by the end of January. C'mon, for 60 beans you can get the movie, a T-shirt and credit in the film...C'mon!!!
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
Re: Beer Hunter: The Movie - Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 08:15:37 pm »
Sounds like a cool project.  Not sure I really need the t-shirt but I pledged $25 to get the DVD if they make it.
Clint
Wort Hogs

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 12:08:56 am »
I gotta check with the wife. $500 sounds like pretty cheap for advertising on what every beer geek will watch.
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 01:41:40 am »
I gotta check with the wife. $500 sounds like pretty cheap for advertising on what every beer geek will watch.
Sure, we'll watch it.  I don't know how big he was in France though, and unless you're planning to ship beer here . . . might be better to spend the $500 on kegs.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 03:44:10 am »
Sure, we'll watch it.  I don't know how big he was in France though, and unless you're planning to ship beer here . . . might be better to spend the $500 on kegs.

Word of mouth, my friend, word of mouth. You know how many American and British tourists pass through Paris every week?
----

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 09:57:00 am »

Word of mouth, my friend, word of mouth. You know how many American and British tourists pass through Paris every week?
3?

I'm sure the beer geeks will seek out breweries in Paris, and since you'll be about the only one there they'll come to you anyway whether you advertise or not.  I'm not a marketing expert, just thinking for a new brewery $500 might be better spent on equipment than advertising, especially when the ad might not go up for months.  But if you've got the budget for it, go for it.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 10:25:14 am »

3?

I'm sure the beer geeks will seek out breweries in Paris, and since you'll be about the only one there they'll come to you anyway whether you advertise or not.  I'm not a marketing expert, just thinking for a new brewery $500 might be better spent on equipment than advertising, especially when the ad might not go up for months.  But if you've got the budget for it, go for it.

Yeah, good point. At least with the exchange rate what it is these days...
----

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, 10:46:48 am »
This sounds like it's definitely worth supporting. Thanks for the link Mike! Can never have enough beer related T-shirts. ;)
Ron Price

Offline Delo

• Brewer
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 11:08:48 am »
Thanks for posting this link.  My friends and I used to go to a tutored tasting with Michael Jackson in Philly every year.  I truly miss those. I'm looking forward to the DVD and Tshirt.
Mark

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 01:18:39 pm »
They just reached their goal, but sent a note they have grander plans if they get more.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 02:17:29 pm »
They just reached their goal, but sent a note they have grander plans if they get more.

Like moving to South America?   ;D
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 03:02:34 pm »
I think more extras, more showings, etc...while you could live on $30K in South America for awhile, it wouldn't be a long while ;)