Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Kegging  (Read 2062 times)

Offline patsfanjm

• 1st Kit
Kegging
« on: January 16, 2012, 01:56:55 pm »
I saw a kegorator at home depot today that was on clearance for $200. it included a CO2 tank and regulator. It was sesigned for sanke kegs. What else would i need to get my kegging operation off the ground?     

PS While I was there i picked up an open box of 50' of 1/2 in copper for $59.00

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
Re: Kegging
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 02:26:04 pm »
You will need kegs. that's about it really seems like a really good deal. Actually if it's set up for sanke you will need a little more hardware to make it work for corny kegs. but I bet you could get a couple kegs and the additional hardware for ~150.00 more.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 02:49:40 pm »
Go right now and buy it at that price! You can do a corny conversion easily and maybe even cheaper than mort sez. Don't pass this up.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 03:06:45 pm »
Go right now and buy it at that price! You can do a corny conversion easily and maybe even cheaper than mort sez. Don't pass this up.

I try my best to be pesimistic... but I am probably not very good at it ;)
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 06:19:44 pm »

I try my best to be pesimistic... but I am probably not very good at it ;)

It has a regulator and tank and tap. I figure $80 for two cornies- qd's and hose rounds it out to maybe a c-note. I'm gonna keep my eye open for one- the best thing as there usually isn't a "hump" in these kegerators so the sanke keg can fit. I'm thinking maybe 4 cornies would fit then?
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline gauzzastrip

• 1st Kit
    • BrewShuffle.com - Share your home brew
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 08:01:10 pm »
I would look on craigslist for a cheap fridge you could just drill some holes in and attach the taps (or you can go behind home depot / lowes and grab the ones out of the back of a truck that they took out of someone's home, usually they work perfectly fine).