Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Second wind in the primary  (Read 5589 times)

Online denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Second wind in the primary
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2012, 10:17:30 am »
I pull the airlock out of my bucket and sample through that hole but I do not know if that would work for you.

I just open the lid and take a sample.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline alcaponejunior

• Brewer
  • Latest creation: Big Smash Saturday
    • alcaponejunior.wordpress.com
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2012, 10:33:13 am »
oh yeah and of course I cleaned and re-sanitized the airlock after the overflow

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2012, 10:42:54 am »
I pull the airlock out of my bucket and sample through that hole but I do not know if that would work for you.

I find it easier to pull the lock because the lid is kind of hard to get off (that sounds super dirty sorry ::))

but if the theif didn't fit in the hole (again... sorry) I would also pull the lid. Not a safety or sanitation issue just being pragmatic!
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Online denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2012, 10:57:01 am »

I find it easier to pull the lock because the lid is kind of hard to get off (that sounds super dirty sorry ::))

but if the theif didn't fit in the hole (again... sorry) I would also pull the lid. Not a safety or sanitation issue just being pragmatic!

Good on ya!  I tried pulling the airlock to take a sample but found it was more hassle than opening the lid.  Whatever works for ya!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell