Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: 20 best bars for beer geeks  (Read 8712 times)

Offline rstansbu

• 1st Kit
Re: 20 best bars for beer geeks
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2011, 07:25:06 am »
Two of the best beer bars that I've visited are The Brick Store Pub in Atlanta, and The Sharp Edge in Pittsburgh.  The Brick Store is well known, Sharp Edge maybe not as much.  Both have an awesome selection of beers in general, but really stand out for my favorite styles...Belgians.  And it's not just that those two bars have an unbelievable selection of beers.  Perhaps even more important is the knowledge of their staff.  The staff are beer geeks themselves.  They love to talk beer and know the styles extremely well.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2011, 09:59:05 pm »
Nice list. I've been to a few...and would like to hit some of the others.

Anyone see DRAFT Mag's 100 best beer bars 2011 yet?

http://draftmag.com/features/americas-100-best-beer-bars-2011/

At least Texas got one mention. The Draught House in Austin. I would have expected something from Houston or Dallas as well.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2011, 05:23:12 am »
I think if you click to the chains you will see TX in a couple there...FS, GM...
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

Offline krustybb

• Cellarman
  • Grab a Brew and Relax
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2011, 04:00:40 pm »
The best beer bar on the planet is a tiny little place in Seattle WA. Uber Tav. Sells nothing but beer. I have had multiple beers that were the only keg of that beer in america. Most ecclectic and unique and educated and everchanging taps you will ever find. Great bartenders and cool people. I would travel from anywhere in the world just to drink at Uber for a week.

Uber is only a few blocks from Naked City and far superior. I lived in the neighborhood when Naked City opened. Actually that neighborhood has about 8 tremendous bars. The best beer neighborhood I have ever been in. It was hard to move.

Krusty

http://krustysbigbrews.blogspot.com/
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 04:04:58 pm by krustybb »

Offline krustybb

• Cellarman
  • Grab a Brew and Relax
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2011, 04:07:37 pm »
Been to few of those, but of course, I feel like they miss a few from the country's second largest city!

East Coast bias was there.  Nothing from SD or Seattle?

Damn straight. Seattle is a beer meca.

Krusty

Offline krustybb

• Cellarman
  • Grab a Brew and Relax
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2011, 04:08:55 pm »
Been to few of those, but of course, I feel like they miss a few from the country's second largest city!

East Coast bias was there.  Nothing from SD or Seattle?
Naked City from Seattle was there.  It's a really good place.  I would certainly put it on a list of the best beer bars in Seattle, but I'm not sure it would be my #1.  I hope Don isn't reading this. :)

Don is a great guy but I think he would probably have a hard time not putting Uber up there.

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2011, 12:43:12 am »

I know, they only had two beer bars from Chicago!
...or did you mean the country's second largest city by technicality?

Also, these are all in the US. No offense but there are some pretty great beer geek bars over on this side of the Atlantic... Chez Moeder Lambic in Brussel, La Capsule in Lille...
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!